X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnex pre cat D/Pipe

Hi

i was woundering if anyone knows much about the Magnex Pre cat down pipe thinking of getting one but wanted to know if anyone knows the differnce between the magnex and the Courtenay Sport High Flow 70mm Front pipe
    the bore size is different the magnex one only being 63.5mm.

i have heard the courtenay one pops a bit does the magnex one do the same?

Cheers

No idea, i would recommend going for a full turbo back exhaust as you will get the most benifit, a remus which i have is amazing, pops and bangs all the way and i felt the difference when i had it. Save up and get a full system.

Comment

i can answer this question!

when i bought my milltek system i had the magnex downpipe fitted and it worked well until one day i was going through town and i basically lost all power and seemed like i was driving about in the biggest tractor ever! opened the bonnet and the top weld had completely broken off! i may be the only one this has happened 2 but the weld was really poor! also magnex have gone bust so if the same happens to you then you wont get a replacement!

after this happened i bought the courtenays pipe and i felt a diffrence straight away with the bigger bore pipe over the magnex, felt more responsive and so far so good on the welds

thats my speel over

Comment

put a full magnex turbo back system on mine 10 months ago,no probs so far, I found the remus to loud,magnex is quiet untill you give it the beans then sounds like a jet taking off,pops and bangs on flat out gear changes.

Comment

cool not to sure i will go down that road now. sounds like im better off saving for the remus.

thanks for the advice

Comment

Mine defo sounds like a jet, as i have the Magnex aswel

Comment

Remus is the exhaust of choice i would say, especially as its vauxhall apporved as it can be brought as an extra on a new car. Milltek used to be approved but no longer are, and magnex have gone bust.

Best bet is to do abit of research, find which exhausts intrest you then have a ride in VXR's with them on, a meet is a good place to do this then you can make up your own mind.

Comment

exactly what jay said everybody has preferances, get yourself to a meet and see which one takes your fancy

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                  Mine defo sounds like a jet, as i have the Magnex aswel
                  i thought you were looking for a remus?
                  sigpic
                  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                    Remus is the exhaust of choice i would say, especially as its vauxhall apporved as it can be brought as an extra on a new car. Milltek used to be approved but no longer are, and magnex have gone bust.

Best bet is to do abit of research, find which exhausts intrest you then have a ride in VXR's with them on, a meet is a good place to do this then you can make up your own mind.
                    milltek and remus are both 'approved' exhausts, milltek used to be the one in the brochure but remus now replaces this, both will keep your warranty intact though
                    sigpic
                    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                      milltek and remus are both 'approved' exhausts, milltek used to be the one in the brochure but remus now replaces this, both will keep your warranty intact though

cheers i just got to save £850 now.

i have heard the remus and the one thats sticks out the bk of the astra thats serioulsy loud (wortec i think ). not heard the milltek but i would not want anything much quiter than the remus.

Comment

Working...
                      X