This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra XVR remap with Remus

Hi, am i new to this forum as i have just bought a 2006 astra vxr.

When i bought it i fitted a full remus exhaust system and my next thing to do was the remap.

When i went up to get the remap done the car was pushing out 242hp before the remap with the exhaust... Now that doesnt seem like much, but a standard vxr without the remus only put out 220hp on his rollers so i thought the exhaust has done the job getting me the 20 extra horsies its meant to...

What i have been disappointed in is the remap which only put me up another 15hp thought it did give me 305 torque. I am going back up to the rolling road wednesday night to see what power is gained after 300 miles driving and maybe it will have gone up some more...

Moreless i hopping to find out from anyone out there that has got a remap done... what hp gain realistically should i expect from a remap with a remus exhaust already fitted.

Thanks
    Steve

What remap did u have...stage1? stage 2?
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Who did the remap. There are stories about people getting generic dodgy remaps that actually up the torque but lower the peak bhp.

Sounds like either you've got a **** map or you have a niggle with your car (in which case take it to a decent tuner and get it rectified).

Comment

Its a guy in northern ireland who does custom remaps... He is highly respected and has done cars for me before which have been very impressive. The power has gone up but as i say only by about 15hp max. I will be able to find out wednesday the final figures to see what the gain is after the car is run in. I do believe his RR is giving figures 15hp below what it should be... hence the 220hp from a standard vxr and mine at 242hp with the Remus?

Comment

forgetting about your low RR figures for the moment how's your car on the road ?
          It should feel like a complete animal with st2 and sport on

Comment

Originally posted by arden View Post
            forgetting about your low RR figures for the moment how's your car on the road ?
            It should feel like a complete animal with st2 and sport on
            Its feels quick yeah, just cant get power down at all at the min though with the roads the way they are. U can hear the mad blast outa the exhaust when the turbo kicks in and there is good pull outa 3rd gear. 2nd kinda useless though with a damp road...

Thanks
            Steve

Comment

I hope you are running on superplus as without this you will see a low torque fingure - even on a standard car.
              sigpic

www.courtenaysport.co.uk
              for all your tuning needs.....
              01692 404313.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenandalex View Post
                I hope you are running on superplus as without this you will see a low torque fingure - even on a standard car.
                i run it on the best northern ireland have to offer... 97ron.. we dont have anything higher over here.

Comment

My stage 2 took me upto 279.2BHP and 320lbs/ft.

Comment

Originally posted by simon2881 View Post
                    I take it stage 2 includes the exhaust? sorry for maybe a dumb question lol.

Comment

Originally posted by simon2881 View Post
                      Who did ur stage 2?
                      Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

I'm from N.I, who did it? Is this a piggyback ECU or a flash on your standard ECU? i.e. did you get a standard generic map he has, or is it specific to your car. You say Custom Map but please elaborate on the HW it is running on.

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                          Who did ur stage 2?
                          Thorney did the remap, i already had the remus

Comment

Originally posted by JB_VXR View Post
                            I'm from N.I, who did it? Is this a piggyback ECU or a flash on your standard ECU? i.e. did you get a standard generic map he has, or is it specific to your car. You say Custom Map but please elaborate on the HW it is running on.
                            Its auto-tune in ballymena. Its a flash on my standard ECU, just the guys recodes it i assume.

Comment

Originally posted by lesvxr View Post
                              Its auto-tune in ballymena. Its a flash on my standard ECU, just the guys recodes it i assume.
                              I haven't had a remap myself, but it does seem low. You should probably find out more details on the map. As I say, I've heard of someone who's bhp went down from a remap. If I were you, I'd take it to A.I AutoSport and let them check it over, they have rollers and all. Andy_gdon had his done there and it was putting out ~280bhp after his custom remap (from memory).

TMS are setting up here at some point but I'm guessing you want it sorted asap. Give A.I a call and get some opinions.

Comment

Working...
                              X