This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge coolers

anyone considered fitting a charge cooler with their intercooler, im shooting in the dark here as i dont know anything about them so feel free to say im talkin rubbish or if they are a waste of money
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Isn't a charge cooler just another form of intercooler?? It would be just like having 2 intercoolers on your car... surely once the turbo air is cooled through the intercooler does it need to be cooled again?????

Comment

why dont you buy a budgie or something instead ???? there's yellow ones green ones and even blue one's oh choices choices
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

why not just fit an intercooler spray ??

Comment

seeings everyones gone frigging nuts
          in drag racing they use ice to cool things for short durations
          so how about pulling a vacuum ( as its the coldest environment and use it to chill the ic water reservoir.
          or create compressed air pressure and use that in conjunction with a vortex tube to provide dense cool air.
          or ammonium absorption chilling method to create low temp dense air and or cool coolant for the ic.
          or we could just leave it to the experts we choose (ALL THE TUNERS)
          who are the experts in what is feasable and what is not.
          if you dont trust your tuner to give what you know is their best,
          then why would you give your money to them.
          its a choice people and we are the customer who has that choice.
          the question is if a tuner was to make available a mod thats not been fully tested would you pay for it on your motor
          the question next is if that was a few hundred pounds cheaper also but you are taking an active participation in the r and d but it may not ultimately become the best option would you pay for it on your motor
          some would go for the cheap but most wouldnt
          but this is the life of a tuner who is putting thousands and jobs on the line based on their teams and their knowlede,
          its their big gamble and i salute tms in particular as they have three ic 's on the market

"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in
          escaping from the old ones."

John Maynard Kynes

Comment

one last spurt of [email protected]@t as above and then i promise i'll shut the [email protected]@f up
            If a deflector baffle is placed below the engine. Could be turned around to create a low pressure area in the engine compartment thus allowing more air to flow through the radiator and or ic?
            bit like the brake brackets on sale to cool the brakes
            sorry rant over so pick the bones out of that please
            and please stop falling out

Comment

Cor, all this over one question

Comment

I'm just confused, I thought it was simple....
                buy Astra VXR....
                upgrade to Stage 1 for a little extra WOOHOOO
                upgrade to Stage 2 for a more WOOOHOOO and a serious amount of noise from the rear end inc popping!!
                upgrade to Stage 3 for pure WWOOOHHHOOO and even more WOOOHHOOOO.

What ever tuner you go to your gonna come out with the same thing... more WOOHOOO!

Comment

unless you want to risk your car, ur warranty and are willing to put thousands of pounds in at the beginning of a research and development trial and possibly lose it
                  then it is simple.
                  we let the tuners get on with doing the research and development of the products.
                  they take the risk.
                  its their money, time and their businesses they are putting on the line . and then we get the easy bit... we choose.
                  and pay for their expertise
                  and also get a warranty on that product too.

personally i like the fact that thorney have the balls to experiment further with the cooling solutions and they are developing 2 maybe 3 i.c 's with an eye on future development of the vxr
                  they know their products well enough to guarantee and standby each one
                  as well as giving you the informed choice when they release the products alongside other products on the market.
                  nuff said from me... i'll wait

mel ur spot on and very well put thats exactly the reason

Comment

Originally posted by TROGER
                    mel ur spot on and very well put thats exactly the reason
                    Thanks...

I like to keep things simple.

Comment

Originally posted by TROGER
                      personally i like the fact that thorney have the balls to experiment further with the cooling solutions and they are developing 2 maybe 3 i.c 's with an eye on future development of the VXR
                      they know their products well enough to guarantee and standby each one
                      as well as giving you the informed choice when they release the products alongside other products on the market.
                      nuff said from me... i'll wait
                      :

i think you will find thats across the board with the 4 (soon to be 5) main VXR tuners in the country

Comment

yes aussie
                        the standard is extremely high
                        i think thats a good and healthy environment for something that is not a vauxhall inhouse development
                        however tms do have a very good two-way relationship with vauxhall i understand
                        boaeds well for the future

Comment

the 1 have on me car was tested most of last year and then eventually when thay had the right set up after a lot of testing and changing of things they got it spot on , was also tested in foreign climates where its a lot hotter than sunny old england , i suppose its the same for all tuners these things are not made overnight
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

yes mate
                            its an ongoing relationship with each and every tuner
                            you feel part of the whole development experience

Comment

i had a chrage cooler fitted to an old high boost race tuned car and the problem is the water that is pumped round it to cool it eventually gets hot thus defeating the point in having it. a bigger water cooler can be fitted to overcome this but it would have to be pretty big and there would be knowhere to fit it.

other problems...
                              size... as there are alot more components theres a lot more room taken up, ie the actual chargecooler part, the pipe work, the water tank and the water cooler rad.

plus it has to be wired up and i had mine freeze up and destroy the pump.

the best way to look at it is how many tuned turbo cars have you seen with a chargecooler???? not many i here you say.

stick with a good intercooler mate, its a lot less chew
                              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X