X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTR - Astra VXR...Help!

Hello everyone.

As you can guess by my post count I am new here

I have just wondered over from the Civic Type-R owners club where I have over 4500 post's. Bit of a forum nut ya see

I currently drive a lightly modded 54 plate Civic Type-R and I am considering selling it to buy an Astra VXR.

I am in need of all your infinite wisdom regarding the VXR.

My budget will be about £13500 MAX and I am hoping to get a low miles 07/57 plate for that.

I need to know what I need to be looking out for when buying the Astra VXR and what the common problem's / recall's are if any?!

Also what extras are best to have and what are really only toys?

There will be LOADS more questions but that will do for now as I dont want to annoy people

Many thanks,

Shaun.

Theres a recall on at the moment for the 07 / 57 / 08 plates for the manifold bolts to be replaced so if you get one make sure that has been done. Vacume hose is a bugger for coming off.

£13.5k isnt a bad budget in the modern financial climate but dont think you will find a VXR with many extras on it, think you would be looking at bog standard - depends what extras you want, have alook in the for sale section here for VXR's and also check auto trader to get a rough idea of prices.

Things like xenon AFL (Adaptive foward lighting) headlights are fantastic but are a £750 optional extra. Sat nav is £1,200 optional extra and so on. Best to go onto the vauxhall website and 'create' your own VXR and you can see all the optional extras then when you have decided what you want trawl the web for the right car.

Comment

Shaun welcome to the Forum....

I came from the Type-r set when i first got the vxr...

For me aesthetics were everything so because of that AFL or adaptive forward lighting were everything regardless of cost simply due to the aggresive looks of the car from the front , the headlights transform the look so for me are the number 1 option....Next comes climate control because it also means you get a totally different dash screen and higher resolution so it looks like a fine display not a blocky display...

Click my gallery below and you,ll see some photos of afl on the car from the front..

Oh and i have 8000 posts so double your nut...hahahahaha

Hope that helps...
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
        Shaun welcome to the Forum....

I came from the Type-r set when i first got the vxr...

For me aesthetics were everything so because of that AFL or adaptive forward lighting were everything regardless of cost simply due to the aggresive looks of the car from the front , the headlights transform the look so for me are the number 1 option....Next comes climate control because it also means you get a totally different dash screen and higher resolution so it looks like a fine display not a blocky display...

Click my gallery below and you,ll see some photos of afl on the car from the front..

Oh and i have 8000 posts so double your nut...hahahahaha

Hope that helps...
        Thats because you keep putting threads up about detailing your dyson vacume cleaner etc lol, only messing there a good read actually.

Comment

Welcome, buy mine

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32243

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Didnt think I was gunna get any what with 22 views and NO replies

Oh so your the cleaning nut are you Marc? I have read through your Burg cleaning session and the Dyson cleaning session

Dean yours looks VERY tidy Mate but I'm really looking for something a little newer otherwise it may of been a contender

Right so AFL and climate control it is then

Comment

I came from a CTR to a VXR. I think what you really need to put top of the list is a set of lowering springs and RARB.
              I see dumb people.......
              .....they're everywhere
              .....they walk around like everyone else
              .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Welcome, im new here too, had my VXR for a week now and its great, i came from the integra DC5 type r, and im loving the astra, as a whole package i prefer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                  I came from a CTR to a VXR. I think what you really need to put top of the list is a set of lowering springs and RARB.

I did fail to say that I will have roughly £1000 straight away to spend on the VXR after selling my mods and a few quid put aside

The DC5 was on my list also what with me already having the VTec rush but I just want something Torbo'ed now
                  Last edited by ShaunCTR; 10 November 2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Have a look at the sticky in pictures and specifications on this forum ,gives you a good idea of what options you can get.

Comment

I have no options on mine at all - and the only thing I regret not getting is the xenons/AFL, after coming from a car that had them, they really are brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil S View Post
                        I have no options on mine at all - and the only thing I regret not getting is the xenons/AFL, after coming from a car that had them, they really are brilliant.
                        Same here, i regret not getting them but as ive never had them before can live without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil S View Post

Old photo of my old one now but at night they look awesome...

and up close and personal

Last edited by Heavenly; 10 November 2008, 09:30 PM.
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I will admit they look alot nicer, meaner than the standard.

Comment

Marc?

That first pic isnt of them Illuminated is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X