X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam's

Hi there guys,

Just wondering if anyone had installed a set of fast road cams to their Astra VXR's? Im thinking about having them done with the thorney stage 3 conversion.

Is it worth adding cam's? and if so what sort of gains are we looking at?

Alex

Once you have stage 3 power, if you haven't done so already, you may be better off spending on stopping and cornering better tbh
    Last edited by Insignia VXR; 11 November 2008, 01:32 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah i do agree, its just i was thinking while i was at it and already paying for a remap i may as well get it incorperated.

But by far stopping and cornering is where these cars need the money spent on, i was thinking of changing the pads to carboteck pad straight away as a big break kit is a little on the steep side, lowinging it on springs and putting the rear anti roll bar on and fitting strut braces all round?

Alex

Comment

i had the cames done from regal mate and i was on stage 3 and havent spent any money on breaks cos if u ask me if u got fresh pads in it doesnt make any difference as the breaks a really good on the car anyway back to cams get em done mate as the car turns into something else it hold power longer in gears and u get to top speed much quicker

Comment

Originally posted by Mr MUZ View Post
          i had the cames done from regal mate and i was on stage 3 and havent spent any money on breaks cos if u ask me if u got fresh pads in it doesnt make any difference as the breaks a really good on the car anyway back to cams get em done mate as the car turns into something else it hold power longer in gears and u get to top speed much quicker
          Cheers buddy, what power and torque are you running now?

Alex

Comment

inlet cam from regal im told is v v good, ( i have one coming ) but id think twice before fitting an exhaust cam as gaz fitted one and found it to b v lumpy esp when idling as they are only really suited to v high power conversions
            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

this is something i have been interested in and trying to find information about but its not really a talked about mod on here

Comment

its over 300bhp and bout 336 lbft bur these readings are from 3 run as the first two didnt register on the comp. so it might be a bit more

Comment

Originally posted by duffvxr View Post
                  this is something i have been interested in and trying to find information about but its not really a talked about mod on here

Comment

Originally posted by astragsi View Post
                    u pipe down lol i have plans which i shall reveal to you soon my friend

Comment

Surely if u change the cam you will need a bespoke tune??
                      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

ipf there is a map for the cam

Comment

that only gives you one cam option i presume ??
                          Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

ye inlet cam, if your doin exhaust cam you prob need to get a tweak done but doin exhaust cam is only done on race trak cars like the 400bhp ones

Comment

i was keen on knowing more about the cams too,

Comment

Working...
                              X