X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about mileage?

hi all, newbie here, so be gentle!!!
    i have been looking for an ST for a while now, but on my last visit to a local dealers, i was shown a 2006 black VXR, gorgeous car, but the mileage is 33674 and the price is £11500.
    like the car, turned me!!! but does anyone think the mileage is a bit high or is it ok for the price or what?
    any help would be appreciated,
    cheers,
    marty

seems ok, what spec has it got?
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Sounds about right, what options does it include? 19" wheels or 18"? Adaptive forward lighting? Metalic paint?

11.5k sounds about right if its got some options but perhaps negotiate down to 11k?
      Last edited by Rabbid; 12 November 2008, 12:07 PM.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Mr average does 10,000 miles a year so the milage is reasonable for a 06 plate.

Comment

Originally posted by dale wootton View Post
          Mr average does 10,000 miles a year so the milage is reasonable for a 06 plate.
          The average has gone up to about 12,000 a year now.

Mine's an '06 (Registered in June) and I've done 28,000 now, so it's a tiny bit on the high side, but not enough to worry about.
          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

cheers to all you guys, not sure of the spec, DUH!
            im going for a test drive in it in about half an hour, so will report back!
            ps. its had 2 previous owners, is this an indication of anything sinister?

Comment

I done 12k miles in 7 months lol opps
              Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
              Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

WOW!!! that was fun, great test drive, think i might be hooked!
                im not sure of the spec on the vxr's, but this one has climate control, cruise control, sat-nav, 18" rims, half leather and looks in excellent condition inside and out, one slight ding/scratch about inch on the drivers door and a badly kerbed alloy both of which will be fixed!
                managed to get him down from £11500 to £11000 with 6 months tax and a £1500 trade in on the old 52 plate mondeo estate!
                any opinions or advice would be very much appreciated!
                cheers,
                marty

Comment

Originally posted by martyboy View Post
                  WOW!!! that was fun, great test drive, think i might be hooked!
                  im not sure of the spec on the vxr's, but this one has climate control, cruise control, sat-nav, 18" rims, half leather and looks in excellent condition inside and out, one slight ding/scratch about inch on the drivers door and a badly kerbed alloy both of which will be fixed!
                  managed to get him down from £11500 to £11000 with 6 months tax and a £1500 trade in on the old 52 plate mondeo estate!
                  any opinions or advice would be very much appreciated!
                  cheers,
                  marty
                  Buy it!!!! You know you want to
                  Burg #332 - 270 bhp - gone
                  Mazda 3 MPS - 490 bhp - gone
                  Audi S4 - MRC stage 2/490 bhp....so far

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
                    Buy it!!!! You know you want to
                    dont you start, thats all ive heard since i went out in it!!!
                    god its so tempting!!!

Comment

Welcome, buy mine with allot more spec:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32243

Comment

Sounds like the options that are fitted are...

Cruise control,
                        Climate Control,
                        Sat-nav (colour or B/W).

The other option I can think of that might be fitted (that might not have been spotted) is...

Auto Lights/Wipers/Dimming Mirror (All 1 option called 'Sight and Light')

Deans is a VERY nice car, doubt you'll find one better, just the pesky trade in you've got that would need sorting!! I 'spose it all depends whether you're after a standard one to do what you want with or just go straight for a (very nicely) modded one.
                        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
                          Sounds like the options that are fitted are...

Cruise control,
                          Climate Control,
                          Sat-nav (colour or B/W).

The other option I can think of that might be fitted (that might not have been spotted) is...

Auto Lights/Wipers/Dimming Mirror (All 1 option called 'Sight and Light')

Deans is a VERY nice car, doubt you'll find one better, just the pesky trade in you've got that would need sorting!! I 'spose it all depends whether you're after a standard one to do what you want with or just go straight for a (very nicely) modded one.

cheers mate!

Comment

if it has the sat-nav does this mean it is a cd-70?
                            and does the cd-70 play mp3 discs?
                            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by martyboy View Post
                              if it has the sat-nav does this mean it is a cd-70?
                              and does the cd-70 play mp3 discs?
                              cheers
                              Yes to both mate. Go for it you won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X