X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dump valve sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBltOZJzkFU

can anybody on hear who has a dv let me know if this sounds similar?? just wondering as it is a gsi, closest i could find.

you may just want to skip to about 2:50 odd, i think this is wheen you hear it??

Used to have one on my Calibra Turbo (Bailey 26DV) and sounded a lot deeper than that one does, that's more of a squeak

Comment

The one i had on my VXR (sold to andyvxrwigan) sounded better than that one !. That one sounds squeeky . More of a ptttssss sound on the vxr.

Comment

Originally posted by cwvxr
        The one i had on my VXR (sold to andyvxrwigan) sounded better than that one !. That one sounds squeeky . More of a ptttssss sound on the VXR.
        just fitted mine this morning and its sounds loads louder than that funny squeeky one on youtube.well worth getting,here is some pics!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddy
          Used to have one on my Calibra Turbo (Bailey 26DV) and sounded a lot deeper than that one does, that's more of a squeak
          on the old c20let motor you where able to blank the old valve off allowing all the air to escape from the bailey valve makin it louder.

the vxr setup is different and you have to leave the standard valve plumbed in to stop the ecu light coming on. thats why theyre quieter.

but that one in the vid sounds like a hamster gettin strangled :?
          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

tomfraser
            is that the one from courtenay? just ordered a Bailey DV36 Venturi Trumpet. do u have any sound clips u could post. would like to here what it sounds like...

cheers
            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

forgot.... looking the dogs nuts with the blue hose kit.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR
                tomfraser
                is that the one from courtenay? just ordered a Bailey DV36 Venturi Trumpet. do u have any sound clips u could post. would like to here what it sounds like...

cheers
                yeah its the one from courtenays. got no sound clips but i will try and do one on my phone now to see if it works
                you only hear it at about 4000 revs but so just hope when i get it tuned they can have it going off at 3000 revs!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomfraser
                  tomfraser

cheers
                  yeah its the one from courtenays. got no sound clips but i will try and do one on my phone now to see if it works
                  you only hear it at about 4000 revs but so just hope when i get it tuned they can have it going off at 3000 revs!
                  here is the sound,its taken with my digi camera so not so good

sigpic

Comment

it will probs be louder when under load is it? ie driving it hard?
                    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                      it will probs be louder when under load is it? ie driving it hard?
                      its alot louder but the camera did not pick it up to good
                      sigpic

Comment

sounds very nice,it doesnt sound bad at all, not to loud not to quite. just right i think.. is your motor standard?

Comment

sounds very nice,it doesnt sound bad at all, not to loud not to quite. just right i think.. is your motor standard?
                          yeah its standard....for now anyway :wink:
                          sigpic

Comment

been told it will sound a little louder when tune it... sweet...

Comment

been told it will sound a little louder when tune it... sweet...
                              yeah when i move and sort the new house out im gonna get it tuned but hope they can tune it so the dump valve goes off at 3000 revs....does anyone on here know if the can do that? :?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X