This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions to ask.......

Hi guys, not put a thread on here for a while, so hope you’re all doing well. Have just got my second VXR 58 plate after having to give my precious 56 plate away due to the birth of my baby daughter (about a year ago). VXR swapped for a family car ZAFARIA……Not quite the same, I can tell you

However, one year down the road and no VXR, I decided enough was enough and purchased my second , and would like to say the cosmetic changes look quite nice especially the piano black and also additional new features like the stop start and the new keyless entry system, which I must say have worked fine so far..........

Anyhow two questions to ask, my steering is making only slight creaking noises when moving from left hand lock and threading back to centre. Now I can only here this when the music is turned down low, but when switched off, it annoys me like hell . So been a good lad, I took it down to the local Vauxhall garage this morning and after the mechanic had my VXR for about one hour he came back with the following: He explains, between the steering wheel and the housing there’s some piece of equipment (sorry can’t remember the name he called it) which is slightly rubbing together, a touch more than it should. Now Vauxhall are aware of this and have said the solution is to put TAPE between the two components to stop the noise. Not any tape some special type which must be ordered, so another trip looks on the cards. Does anyone else have the same problem and if so how did you get it sorted?

My second question is my turbo, on my 56 plate when you kicked the turbo in the noise was a definite whoosh, which sounded awesome but the 58 plate there’s not the same kind of noise the only way I can describe this is more grunt than whoosh if you know what I mean. I spoke with my Vauxhall dealer on this and they say that the turbo noise as been reduced on newer models, hence less whoosh. The power seems the same as my previous model but just though I’d ask if anyone as noticed this???

Ok guys that’s it for now……

Regards Darren

I believe theres rumors that the 08 plate? onwards has a more restricted airbox and the part of the exhaust is different and therefore quieter

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
      I believe theres rumors that the 08 plate? onwards has a more restricted airbox and the part of the exhaust is different and therefore quieter
      Airbox the same

Astra

Comment

I noticed on my Corsa the "wooosh" gets louder once the mileage starts totting up.... Run her in a bit more and see if it gets any louder.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post
          I noticed on my Corsa the "wooosh" gets louder once the mileage starts totting up.... Run her in a bit more and see if it gets any louder.

Thanks JayJay, my previous car had done about 9-10k when I got rid of her and this one as only done about 1.2k so will see if the woosh get any louder.......

Comment

Was the part on the steering called the `CIM` ? I believe there were issues with some of them in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
              Was the part on the steering called the `CIM` ? I believe there were issues with some of them in the past.

Don't recall that, but to be honest he wasn't really specific. I'll have to drop them a line and find out.......

Comment

OK guys he's the offical word from Vauxhall, the service manager:

He explains within the stearing columb there's a central clock spring part with a small clearance, they propose to but some ultra thin contact tape within that small clearance which hopefully should rectify the issue......

Any clues on that????

Comment

Working...
                X