This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why a hate taking car back to vx

Car was booked in for 8am today for recall and adjust my exhaust as the tip sits very near the bumper at one side, I was nightshift last night so came home went to bed and got up to 2 missed calls from my friend when a phoned him back he said he was behind my car at half 10 and it was being trashed about by a boy in red uniform and hat(vauxhall mechanic).

Got call from vauxhall at 1pm to say the car was ready for pick up. when a went down the recall has been done but said adjust the exhaust isnt covered under warrenty, so its still sittin squint, but the main reason for my post is the front splitter has been damaged and has scrape's and paint off it all along it and under car at front, Anyway went in and complained for the usual answer it wasnt us that did it, i said "the car is dirty but has pure white clean scuffs all along bumper it was obviously yous"

General manager said it was prob them and it is now gettin fixed and am getting it in an hour obvo just gona touch it up but am not accepting that and it will be going to a bodyshop to be repaired right and they will be paying for it.
    sigpic
    Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
    And now have an
    Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
    Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

That's rubbish Brian . Why bother looking after it when no one else is going to . Gutting . Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.
    CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
    sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
    MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

**** service there Bri

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by soosie View Post
        That's rubbish Brian . Why bother looking after it when no one else is going to . Gutting . Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.
        Ano thats what a said to the service manager, ave had this car for months and its done 8000 miles with not a single mark even my alloys are perfect and you give it to a vauxhall dealer for 2 hours and 4 miles or driving and they do that to it, its gona have to go to bodyshop and they are paying thats all am going to accept
        sigpic
        And now have an
        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

did you say anything about them thrashin your car??
            this is also 1 raeson i wouldnt lower my burg as it makes it harder to get on on off ramps ect..

Comment

Originally posted by electricbluevxr View Post
              did you say anything about them thrashin your car??
              this is also 1 raeson i wouldnt lower my burg as it makes it harder to get on on off ramps ect..
              Yea he said it wasnt even test driven then a told him it had been seen and he was like eh......oh yea it was driven but doubt it was driven as you say, my mate drives fast so for him to say it was thrashed is not good, Yea he said they wouldnt be able to do service (not that al be back) because its to low to go on lift/ramp (vxrpc fitted the springs when car was ordered so how can it be too low if it was vx that upgraded them),
              sigpic
              And now have an

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
                Yea he said it wasnt even test driven then a told him it had been seen and he was like eh......oh yea it was driven but doubt it was driven as you say, my mate drives fast so for him to say it was thrashed is not good, Yea he said they wouldnt be able to do service (not that al be back) because its to low to go on lift/ramp (vxrpc fitted the springs when car was ordered so how can it be too low if it was vx that upgraded them),
                i know what your saying,they will fit anything if your paying but then say they can not do work to it because of it
                i would not leave my burg with vx unless i stay with the car!thats sad but its the only way to see what happens.

Comment

They have admitted liabilty by taking it back to fix it!
                  Now make sure it's a proper job!

Fu**ing VX

Comment

Originally posted by moorie View Post
                    They have admitted liabilty by taking it back to fix it!
                    Now make sure it's a proper job!

Fu**ing VX
                    Yea a will mate, ano they are just gona touch it up but thats not good enouf and will be going to bodyshop as you said they have admited fault
                    sigpic
                    And now have an

Comment

i always reset my trip on my way to taking my car to somebody else. Resetting it back to zero is too obvious as they can just reset it again when they get back from the test drive.

Setting it to something strange like 24 miles however will be very difficult to get exactly right as the mechanic then has to take it on exactly a 13 mile round trip to have the trip only 1 or 2 miles above what it was before.

Ive not taken the VXR in to vauxhall yet (only had it 3 months), but before i do im taking a load of high resolution photos outside the dealership with that days paper in and having the car pristine before dropping it off.

Comment

Thats shocking, puts you off ever leaving your car! Hope you get it all sorted out buddy!!

Comment

if its just a scuff, a good machine polish will remove most of the damage tbh. Just hace a look over on detailing world and see the magic they work. Even still its so very ***** for them to disrespect the cars in such a way. To most of them its just the next job. Not this is someones pride and joy...
                          sigpic
                          Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
                          !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

Comment

Originally posted by Madmonkee View Post
                            if its just a scuff, a good machine polish will remove most of the damage tbh. Just hace a look over on detailing world and see the magic they work. Even still its so very ***** for them to disrespect the cars in such a way. To most of them its just the next job. Not this is someones pride and joy...
                            depends how bad the scuff is
                            sigpic
                            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Madmonkee View Post
                              Yea one side is just surface scuffs and might come out but other side is ripped to bits will need to be sanded back to surface and re painted ad think, they are gona keep it over night a think so mabye they are gona do it right, we will see a doubt it
                              sigpic
                              And now have an

Comment

Working...
                              X