Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solution to fit an aftermarket alarm ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to fit an aftermarket alarm ???

Seems easy enough to wire in ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canbus-transla...1%7C240%3A1318

Decent Alarm Manufacturers now make specific Can Bus alarms nowadays so no need.
    Cobra A4818 for one, even pre-programmed to your specific vehicle.
    Still needs pro fitting but Thatcham approved too...

Comment

I have a clifford on mine, thatcham approved and as good as gold!

Comment

is there an alarm that can go with the keyless entry and start?
        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Can someone tell me the main way the vxrs seem to be stolen is with people getting the house broken in to for the keys, would a good alarm help with that.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
            Can someone tell me the main way the vxrs seem to be stolen is with people getting the house broken in to for the keys, would a good alarm help with that.

yeah how do u steal a vxr with keyless entry if you dont have the keys and it is locked?

not that i am wanting to do it lol but cant figure out how they do it sometimes i cant even start mine ith my keys in the pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              I have a clifford on mine, thatcham approved and as good as gold!

wouldnt have one given , i had no end of problems when i had a clifford fit to my vxr

clifford tried to sort it so it wouldnt keep blowing the electrics when the black jack kicked in unfortunatly they failed and vauxhall told me if i had it refit they would void my warranty on the electrics ......needless to say i left it at that
              Last edited by arden; 13 November 2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

When I had my clifford a few years ago I had the intellistart option, the car started itself ingear, when it shouldnt do it. Managed to get enough momentum and drove itself into the house. I am not joking you either......

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                  The Clifford I have has a feature called blackjax. You have to type a code in on a little keypad, if you get it wrong the car cuts power, the alarm sounds and you cannot turn it off with out the code. So even if someone had my keys they would reach the end of my road tops....

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                    When I had my clifford a few years ago I had the intellistart option, the car started itself ingear, when it shouldnt do it. Managed to get enough momentum and drove itself into the house. I am not joking you either......
                    Holy *****, I was told by my installer they couldnt do intellistart, think that may have been the reason!
                    I remember someone, (poss the poster above) having loads of problems, i think it is down to finding a decent installer, my car was a guineapig, took 2 days to fit, but has been on 2 and a half years and had no probs, touch wood...... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                      Holy *****, I was told by my installer they couldnt do intellistart, think that may have been the reason!
                      I remember someone, (poss the poster above) having loads of problems, i think it is down to finding a decent installer, my car was a guineapig, took 2 days to fit, but has been on 2 and a half years and had no probs, touch wood...... lol
                      if I remember correctly didn't your installer have problems with blowing a module and have to rewire your courtesy light to get it to work correctly

Comment

How do you put a alarm on the car

I called them and they said they cant for the car

I want this

This has to be one of the most advanced Vehicle Security Systems available and is approved by Thatcham as a Category 1 Insurance Approved Car Alarm System.

This package comes with Remote Engine Start for both Manual & Automatic Transmissions, BlackJax Anti-HiJacking as standard and also includes Tilt and Motion Sensor, Glass Break Sensor, Dual Zone Proximity Sensor, remote controlled central locking or total closure (dependant on the vehicle), door boot and bonnet protection, 2 circuit passive engine immobilisation, Two 5 button remote controls with Clifford's ACG2 anti scan technology and 120dB multi tone battery back-up siren.

But they said It doesnt work on the VXR
                        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

I would sooner have a tracker fitted

Comment

Clifford havnt released a Canbus system for the Astra VXR yet
                            According to

http://www.caralarmuk.com/
                            Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by arden View Post
                              if I remember correctly didn't your installer have problems with blowing a module and have to rewire your courtesy light to get it to work correctly
                              I did have a courtesy light module go your right, had forgotten about that! lol
                              Yeah I think he did wire it differently.

Comment

Working...
                              X