This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.A.R.B setting

got me rear anti roll bar today (bargain from courts) can someone explain to me the soft,medium and hard setting and which one is best for everyday use
    cheers

Iv got mine on medium, but be careful when driving wet weather!

P.s use the hard setting for track use

Comment

well to be honest, there are 4 settings, mine is on the harder of the middle settings and its great. the instructions will describe which settings produce what characteristics.

From memory, the softer settings allow more understeer, where as the hard settings allow more oversteer, I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGSi View Post
        well to be honest, there are 4 settings, mine is on the harder of the middle settings and its great. the instructions will describe which settings produce what characteristics.

From memory, the softer settings allow more understeer, where as the hard settings allow more oversteer, I could be wrong though.
        Your right on there matey.
        I run mine on the harder middle hole. Have been tempted to run the strongest setting from time to time but stay with the 2nd strongest. Otherwise wet performance can be a bit scarey if faced with an emergency brake situation while turning

Comment

yep thats what mine is set on too.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by MAYHEW820 View Post
            Your right on there matey.
            I run mine on the harder middle hole. Have been tempted to run the strongest setting from time to time but stay with the 2nd strongest. Otherwise wet performance can be a bit scarey if faced with an emergency brake situation while turning
            Yeah spot on, in the wet it can be deadly!

Comment

im starting to think that this rarb i got could end up assisting with putting me in a hedge... :-(
              #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
              #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

Originally posted by havoc856 View Post
                im starting to think that this rarb i got could end up assisting with putting me in a hedge... :-(
                The RARB doesn't control the throttle - so that exonerates it from blame

Astra

Comment

so which is the hardest setting then? the furthest hole in?
                  Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                    The RARB doesn't control the throttle - so that exonerates it from blame
                    LOL,

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
                      so which is the hardest setting then? the furthest hole in?
                      The hole at the end of the bar closest to the rear bumper from what i remember.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                        The hole at the end of the bar closest to the rear bumper from what i remember.

Its the other way round Dave, hole nearest the rear bumper is the softest setting, toward the engine is the hardest.

Comment

Its the other way round Dave, hole nearest the rear bumper is the softest setting, toward the engine is the hardest.
                          thats what i thought too.

Comment

Yep, front most holes are strongest

Comment

Just had mine fitted today. Not had chance to test it properly. Car did feel a little tighter driving home though. Got mine on the 2nd hole down from the front of the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X