Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much is the 2nd service and whats entailed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much is the 2nd service and whats entailed?

as stated peeps!

what did you pay?
    what was done?
    whats it entail etc

dident pay as they wonted 180 and nothing needed doing and it was 180 beaause i had low mileage so got my book stamped some were eles

SEAT CUPRA K1 BTCC LIMITED EDITION 320BHP /
    REVO REMAP / FULL MILLTECK ZORST/ CARBON MIRRORS /

Comment

^^^^ hasnt really cleared much up there
      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

My misses got a 2 1/2 year old tigra that had never been serviced. with only 8000 miles on it.. So we want to find out how much a service would be for it

Drive in Aldershot

They sit and go ooooo.... probably need a full service then... *tap away at the computer* "Yeah a full service will be £250"

Nathan then replies, My corsa vxr main service was only £170 or something

"Wheres that from then? cause I don't think so som how"

Nathan replies "Here"

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

2nd sevice

just had it done in sheffield .Prices varied between dealer perrys wanted 240 but got pentagon to do it for 200 including brake fluid change(which im sure wasnt done)only evidence of work done was fresh oil and filter.but with many services it just seems to be check,check etc

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
            as stated peeps!

what did you pay?
            what was done?
            whats it entail etc

Tis more or less the same as the 1st service but you may need replacement plugs & panel filter !
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
              Tis more or less the same as the 1st service but you may need replacement plugs & panel filter !
              my 1st service was £120 and 2nd service was £230 , not the same as second service is a major service, they wanted more for aircon / brake fluid aswell ,
              Last edited by Daz; 13 November 2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                my 1st service was £120 and 2nd service was £2.30 , not the same as second service is a major service, they wanted more for aircon / brake fluid aswell ,
                Thats a cracking deal you got for second service mate, where was that? would be worth the trip to get it that cheap. haha sorry buddy couldnt resist
                sigpic
                Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                And now have an
                Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
                  Thats a cracking deal you got for second service mate, where was that? would be worth the trip to get it that cheap. haha sorry buddy couldnt resist
                  ooops

Comment

had the second service done a month ago piad £101 for it which i thought was really good

Comment

TBH I dont get it people taking their cars to VX or any main dealers for that matter, especially in the current financial hiccup.

Any car owner can have his/her car serviced at an independant garage, as long as they use genuine OEM parts and they carry out the service to the service interval specification, it will not and cannot void warranty or affect residual value to any notable degree.

I have had 3 vauxhalls, 1 ford and 2 audis all bought from new and have had all the above serviced at a friends (independant) garage for 15 years and in addition to this, I have also had loads of warranty work done at the main dealers on all these cars and they have never questioned the serviing being carried out by a third party.

I have just had 2nd service on my vxr 22k and 2 years old £130

just seems crazy forking out for no reason.

Comment

2nd service= oil and filter change and a check...........done it for £65 I asked if they was gonna do the plugs and filter??? NO...............2nd service is NOT a major service!!

Comment

Taunton dealer wanted £270 for my 20k service. I didn't call them back...
                          Last edited by ash; 13 November 2008, 10:13 PM. Reason: forgot info

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
                            Taunton dealer wanted £270 for my 20k service. I didn't call them back...
                            Hey!! Are you from Taunton then??

Comment

Working...
                            X