This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metaSAT car security

just popped into my local dealer to pick up my bonnet seals, and he handed me a leaflet on metasat car security its something to do with comunicating with your car ie imobilising it with your mobile telephone. anyone know about this
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

GPA800 is a sophisticated pager and vehicle locator compatible with manufacturers standard fit and aftermarket alarms. In addition to all the features of the GPA400, it has a built-in GPS self-locate feature. In the event of the vehicle being stolen, longitude/latitude coordinates are automatically sent to the owner via text message. By inputting these coordinates into the MetaSAT website, the owner is able to find the precise street level location of the vehicle. So now there's no need for your car to become just another police crime number, keep track of your vehicle 24hrs a day.

The MetaSAT GPA800 automatically

* Alerts the owner in the event of a vehicle alarm
    * Alerts the owner in the event of a vehicle theft
    * Sends alert if pre-programmed speed limit is exceeded
    * Sends warning if battery charge is getting low
    * Alerts nominated number in the event of vehicle crash

Powerful telematic technology enables users to

* Pinpoint the location of their vehicle
    * Remotely immobilise their vehicle
    * Check on the vehicle's speed
    * Check the charge of the battery
    * Check the vehicle's ignition status

MetaSAT options

An optional in-car hands free kit is also available. Incorporates a microphone, loud speaker and keypad for use as a car phone or to covertly listen inside the vehicle (both systems can utilise the owner's normal mobile phone without modification if preferred).

There is the option of a crash sensor which in the event of an accident will automatically text a precise location to a nominated number.

MetaSAT is programmable to your specification by your MetaSystem dealer and is designed to be completely user friendly.

Comment

how much is this gp800 then ita a one off payment , yes?

Comment

No,

From just 54p a day and no long term contract tie-ins, you can monitor and manage your fleet effectively via a secure website.

I think its just an expensive gimic, just a standard tracker would be my option

Comment

how much is a standard tracker? says in the leaflet its a one off payment with no subscription

Comment

Round £300.

I think the lower version of the metaSAT is one off, all the bonus options cost.

Comment

isnt this similar tech to the thread "We gotta put an end to this before it starts"

Comment

Originally posted by TROGER
                isnt this similar tech to the thread "We gotta put an end to this before it starts"
                Yes bar from this time you chose to pay to have it tracked!!

I can see it being used by dad's on their kids cars... or the listening device on partners etc.

All to Big Bro for me.

Comment

Im always suspicious when something says `From Just/From Only` ...... 54p per day is £3.78 per week ......... £196.56 per year which isnt too bad. BUT Id guess that this is the basic of basics also I dont think Id want my car back after it was stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter
                    Im always suspicious when something says `From Just/From Only` ...... 54p per day is £3.78 per week ......... £196.56 per year which isnt too bad. BUT Id guess that this is the basic of basics also I dont think Id want my car back after it was stolen.
                    also arent the police meant to track our car once its stolen. Instead of going...."yes my car was stolen it is now goin 130mph down the m25 and the people who stole my car are discussing last nites footie in it???"

Comment

Working...
                    X