This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible problem...

Had my Eibach Sportline Springs fitted today...

Bought them brand new and of course i know they will still have to settle but while driving there is a knocking sound coming from the Front passengers side...i doubt this to be normal?

Any help muchly appreciated

definately sounded loose when i drove it

Comment

not normal, my car has the same springs and drives like standard with no nocks
      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Yea geo thats not right buddy, get them to have a look at it again incase something aint on right, mine dont make any knocking noises after 8000 miles.
        sigpic
        Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
        And now have an
        Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

i had a problem with my sportlines however i dont think yours is the same one
          mine was due to the spring softening up too much so the shock was knocking off the bump stop but with yours being brand new possible a loose strut? or something

Comment

geo working but he text me a while ago so just to let you all no, something was loose and thats why it was making a noise its all fine now tho
            sigpic
            And now have an
            Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Fitted by a real star then.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                Lol it was his pappa that fitted them and just two mins to fix it so all good and am sure he got it done on the cheap so he wont be too bothered bout it
                sigpic
                And now have an

Comment

i hope you know what your doing
                  you'd better a good job when you do mine
                  Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                    i hope you know what your doing
                    you'd better a good job when you do mine
                    lol all you need worry about is the loose nut behind the wheel.

you go the rarb yet kieran.

Comment

Ordered my rarb from courtenay yesterday at 7am and got email yesterday morning saying it had been sent so hopefully it comes soon.

Hope its as good as everyone claims it is
                      sigpic
                      And now have an

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
                        Ordered my rarb from courtenay yesterday at 7am and got email yesterday morning saying it had been sent so hopefully it comes soon.

Hope its as good as everyone claims it is
                        you wont be disapointed great mod.

Comment

lol all you need worry about is the loose nut behind the wheel.

you go the rarb yet kieran.
                          do you mean the steering wheel? As in me being a loose nut
                          and to think you gave me the keys to your s3 burg on friday

rarb should be with rallynuts tomorrow or saturday, then they should send it out, so hopefully late next week and the very latest
                          Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                            do you mean the steering wheel? As in me being a loose nut
                            and to think you gave me the keys to your s3 burg on friday

rarb should be with rallynuts tomorrow or saturday, then they should send it out, so hopefully late next week and the very latest
                            tip top and last friday i was not feeling to well

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
                              Lol it was his pappa that fitted them and just two mins to fix it so all good and am sure he got it done on the cheap so he wont be too bothered bout it
                              ......... Where as if it was a Vauxhall dealer they would have said the knocking was normal ........ then after 5 return visits to complain they would have kept the car in for 3 weeks scratched the bumper .... jacked it up on the sideskirts ragged it and put on 70+ miles on the clock then retuned it still with the knocking. So nice one Pappa good job
                              Last edited by Scooter; 13 November 2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X