This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk some sense into me...

Guys, I've had a year with my VXR and still love it, its looks fantastic, goes amazingly and still makes me smile

But...horribly I've been looking in the paper! And Golf R32's are going new for 20-22K.

I could trade in and end up with 4K left to put down on one and start paying that off....and man with that kind of reduction in price its one hell of a car!

Talk some sense into me please! Otherwise Saturday I'll have an R32 on the driveway!

Originally posted by mfurse View Post
    Guys, I've had a year with my VXR and still love it, its looks fantastic, goes amazingly and still makes me smile

But...horribly I've been looking in the paper! And Golf R32's are going new for 20-22K.

I could trade in and end up with 4K left to put down on one and start paying that off....and man with that kind of reduction in price its one hell of a car!

Talk some sense into me please! Otherwise Saturday I'll have an R32 on the driveway!
    nooooooooooooooo......... dont go to the dark side. lol

hav u seen the mpg on the r32? (26.4)[top gear mag]

Comment

Originally posted by mfurse View Post

Ok I'll talk some sense into you.

Buy the R32!
      I see dumb people.......
      .....they're everywhere
      .....they walk around like everyone else
      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Well for a start, my VXR is about a year old now and I went to look at a Burg and the trade in price they gave me was £12250. So your about £8k down there. I started a very similar thread about R32's a few weeks ago and I read the replies and people made some very good points. There not faster than your vxr, there £400 a year tax, they do about 18mpg.

Keep the vxr imo

Comment

and you will have to get ure drive re tarmaced to take the tank.lol

Comment

which ever way the numbers stack up is the R32 worth £4/6K more than the VXR?

or put it another way spend that money on your VXR and what will you have?
            a fire breathing dragon thats what

VXr stands out from the crowd
            R32 gets lost in it
            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post

R32 gets lost in it
              Agreed, but thats the whole point.
              I see dumb people.......
              .....they're everywhere
              .....they walk around like everyone else
              .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                which ever way the numbers stack up is the R32 worth £4/6K more than the VXR?

or put it another way spend that money on your VXR and what will you have?
                a fire breathing dragon thats what

R32 gets lost in it
                very wise and sensible words r32's are nice but vxr's better

Comment

There was a load of pre reg R32's going for £18k linked on a forum

Here you go found it -

My mate just rang me who is Master Tech at VW Dealer. Sinclairs in Swansea.

He told me that they have just been told that there are 700+ unregistered R32's in the UK. They are basically putting this model into liquidation as they can't shift them.
                  So they will take over 25% off the normal price.

2 doors for £16875
                  4 doors for £17250.

http://www.r32oc.com/general-chat/71...s-16875-a.html

Astra

Comment

my mate who works for verve was so surprised to see 6 unreg R32's come off of a loader. If i have to be honest I love these cars the sound they make cannot be described to people who have not heard it! In saying that I think they are very very unpratical for the money. So much better off with your VXR!
                    Apps, Tech and Gaming
                    CURRENT CAR - ASTRA VXR

Comment

dont do it!!! vxr's rule spend the extra cash on some mods

Comment

I dusted an R32 the otherday thats what helps me stay with my VXR

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                          I dusted an R32 the otherday thats what helps me stay with my VXR
                          but your have 300 ish ponies
                          sigpic
                          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

lol ok ok, i was cheating

But my suggestion is he should spend the money he'd use for buying the R32 and tune up the VXR

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                              lol ok ok, i was cheating

But my suggestion is he should spend the money he'd use for buying the R32 and tune up the VXR

good comeback
                              sigpic
                              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X