This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR vs MINI GP Any1 had a go at 1??

was on the M6 near preston an came across a MINI GP who insisted on hangin rite up my rear and i only just had enough fuel t get home,i was gonna give it sum but i recalled cumin up against the guy at my chemists cooper works and i cudnt get rid of him all the way to 140mph then he backed off but he was tooked in rite behind me.

leavin me t think maybe i shoudnt try nailin it incase i get shown up.

has any1 *** against againt a mini works or mini GP??

Would be close. Think there 210bhp..ish.
    I see dumb people.......
    .....they're everywhere
    .....they walk around like everyone else
    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Tucked in behind a lot of cars seem to keep up. Probably because they have less wind resistance. I reckon side by side a vxr should pummel a Mini Cooper-s. But a GP? Do you mean the John Cooper Works one? I think they are 240bhp-ish.

Comment

Sorry, 208bhp apparently.

Comment

I had a Cooper S JCW and that was 210BHP.... Great fun to drive and not suprised it stuck with you all the way.... The GP is slightly lighter than normal due no rear seats. The supercharger makes you smile

Comment

the JCW will comfortably beat the Corsa VXR which i reckon is its main competitor nut the Astra has just a bit to much for the Mini.
            on a track the Mini will leave the Astra for dead though.

i was behind one not so long ago and although it can shift i didn't have to try too hard to stay on its tail
            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

the mini works GP are 220bhp so it wud be very interesting.

Comment

Id like to have a go with one again, one got me a few months back, purely because I had a car up ahead in my lane and he didnt, and it the short space, possibly 100 metres, I couldnt get enough on him to pull out safely. Astra would win though, but wont be by much....

Comment

My sis has the John cooper works, and i leave her for dust but i do have stage3 lol, but i recon it would be close if i was standard...

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                    My sis has the John cooper works, and i leave her for dust but i do have stage3 lol, but i recon it would be close if i was standard...
                    what colour is ur sis car? i think the gp would be pretty close to the astra in standard form

Comment

Cooper GP is 6.3 0-60 so yea both standard you got a good race
                      INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

I had a race with a JCW mini on Croft Race track during a track day.

He could out break me and get through the corners quicker than my Berg, but on the long straight in front of the pits, the straight towards Tower Bend and through Jim Clark Esses I had a little edge. Through the twistes, the JCW had me everytime, on the straights I pulled back some of what I'd lost on the corners. As for Lap times, I'd say the JCW was quicker than me.
                        THE GRASSHOPPER HAS LANDED
                        Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

I raced a cooper s GP that was tuned to apparently nearly 300hp and I kept right on his ****, that was in my 08 Arden as well so prob the burg would be slightly quicker.

Jack

Comment

if that mini had 300bhp u would be dust m8

Comment

in standard form i reckon they would be ever so close in a straight line, the mini may even have the edge i believe

and corners? Well theres only 1 winner there, the mini hands down
                              Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X