This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs stage 1 info

im thinking about going to cs for stage 1 and was wondering how long it takes? anyone ever had any probs and had to go back to cs about their maps? because dont want to travel all the way back down if something does goes wrong! (had my car old at a performance place 'not saying who' and had nothing but trouble and kept going back and its kinda put me off moding cars performance) also im coming from aberdeen and wondering how many hours it would take to drive down
    sigpic

had my car done about 6 mths ago at cs jon will not let you leave till he is happy with the map. my car as not missed a beat and i just love it.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Alexfi should know about the drive he came from Edinburgh to get a Stage 3 at courts.

It doesn't take that long, couple of hours max I think, poss quicker.

I had my stage 3 fitted at Courts and have known about them for a few years. Alot of people have gone there and I have never heard of any complaints. This is an open forum I and I feel that if people had problems someone would have mentioned something.

I would personally recommend them to any person looking to upgrade their VXR. Another company is also VXRPC, they done my stage 2 and I had no problems there either.

Jon and Mark at Courts are fantastic and worth a call, they tell you how it is, I feel they have nothing to hide and are completly honest with you. I had doubts over getting the stage 3 fitted in the winter as it is cold then anyway, but they fully explained their testing procedure and that they had it developed in the heat of last summer and also in Greece.

I cannot comment on other tuners as I have had no experience with them.

I know the worry, my car is my only source of getting to and from work which is 35miles away. If my car goes wrong I can't get to work... thus causing major problems. I would never place my car into the hands of someone I never had 100% confidence in....

sorry for going on!!

Comment

PM Sent to you Mikey regarding times and stuff. As Dave said they are really good guys and won't let your car go unless happy with it.

Comment

Got mine booked at courts on the 27th feb for the stage 1. They told me when i was there last week that it would take 3 hours tops. Also having the exhaust bit fitted on aswell (technical term...)

Wayne

Comment

Re: cs stage 1 info

Originally posted by mikeyboy141
            im thinking about going to cs for stage 1 and was wondering how long it takes? anyone ever had any probs and had to go back to cs about their maps? because dont want to travel all the way back down if something does goes wrong! (had my car old at a performance place 'not saying who' and had nothing but trouble and kept going back and its kinda put me off moding cars performance) also im coming from aberdeen and wondering how many hours it would take to drive down
            Worth going down Mikey, im up north of Inverness but have been down to Milton Keynes 3 times to Thorney Motorsport.
            IMO heading down to CS etc is well worth the drive. I left MK at 7.30 pm last Friday night and was home by 2am.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
              Worth going down Mikey, im up north of Inverness but have been down to Milton Keynes 3 times to Thorney Motorsport.
              IMO heading down to CS etc is well worth the drive. I left MK at 7.30 pm last Friday night and was home by 2am.
              MK to Inverness....520 miles....6.5 hours..... :? ... oh when you hit 88mph...the VX flux capacitor switched on :wink:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                Originally posted by m4rtc
                MK to Inverness....520 miles....6.5 hours..... :? ... oh when you hit 88mph...the VX flux capacitor switched on :wink:

lol...560 miles to my house, also had 3 fuel stops and a quick visit to my office just outside Glasgow

Comment

That’s dedication!
                  sigpic

Comment

Jon and Mark Ashford at Courtenay’s are very good guy’s to deal with, they have done work on our last two car’s and possibley our new one in the future!

However Aberdeen to Norwich and back is a 1,000 mile trip! So at least you will be used to your new mods by the time you get back home!

I have heard there is a new company called DAP Developments http://dapdevelopments.co.uk/ being set up in North Yorkshire by a guy called Dave who used to work for 888 racing. At 300 miles from Aberdeen to York they may also be worth considering!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark F
                      Jon and Mark Ashford at Courtenay’s are very good guy’s to deal with, they have done work on our last two car’s and possibley our new one in the future!

However Aberdeen to Norwich and back is a 1,000 mile trip! So at least you will be used to your new mods by the time you get back home!

I have heard there is a new company called DAP Developments http://dapdevelopments.co.uk/ being set up in North Yorkshire by a guy called Dave who used to work for 888 racing. At 300 miles from Aberdeen to York they may also be worth considering!
                      888/VXRPC are the people who done my stage 2 so I can recommend that Dave is considered.

Comment

i already feel better knowing that nobodys had problems with their maps! when stage 1 is mapped into the sport button how does it work press it once or press it for a few seconds? how much of a change do you notice?
                        sigpic

Comment

Just hit in it, only takes a tap, the light will come on and away you go.

I cant comment on stage 1 power as I went straight in a 2.

Comment

woo hoo cant wait just need to phone and get booked in now
                            sigpic

Comment

*Stage One Remap with Front Pipe
                              For customers wishing more power from the Stage One Remap but not wishing to opt for a full exhaust system, the addition of a high flow front pipe, which we remap to take full advantage of, will give additional power and torque for further driveability enhancement.

has anybody had this done and does it make the standard exhaust louder?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X