This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly Clutch

Is it normal for the clutch to smell after driving the car? I noticed it for the first time last night after a bit of spirited driving. The only thing is that i wasn't hammering the clutch and i don't rest my foot on the pedal when driving. It smelt like hot brakes but it was coming from above the bell housing and not from the brakes.

Got the same smell when driving normally to work this morning. Getting a bit worried about it now... I've not been using it differently than i normally do.
    sigpic

yeah ha ha ha I had mine ages and when I boot it I can smell the clutch
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Rite-o cheers... I had just been driving with the TC off and tried to pull off at the slippiest junction ever. It just crawled forward with the inside wheel spinning and the engine sat at about 6k... Not happy. Then next time i stopped it proper stunk!

That shouldn't cause the clutch to smell, but the same smell was still there when i got home and investigated.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah same here. I try not to do it too much though.

Comment

cant drive imo if you can smell the clutch

Comment

Is it normal for the crotch to smell after diving? I noticed it for the first time last night after a bit of spirited diving. The only thing is that i wasn't hammering the crotch and i don't rest my foot on the bed head when diving. It smelt like hot cakes but it was coming from above the bell end and not from the brakes.

Got the same smell when driving normally to work this morning. Getting a bit worried about it now... I've not been using it differently than i normally do.

MMH sounds like a serious problem there bud lol
            Son of the Clyde a roaming went
            Sinned aplenty, much to repent
            loved and lost, gave and took
            Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Is your foot maybe slightly sitting on the clutch pedal and your not noticing applying pressure?

Never had this problem although i was warned by a vx tech that the astra vxr's are bad for clutches around the 40k mark, im at 54k now and no clutch worries so far.

Comment

if the cluch smells it means your burning it

and if you dont know thats damaging your car you should have an old shitt y car.... not a new vxr

Comment

Originally posted by titleist View Post

and if you dont know thats damaging your car you should have an old shitt y car.... not a new vxr
                  what is it with you iv seen two of your posts now you judging others mentioning or disputing why they have vxr's

the fact is sunshine you are on a VXR forum, what do you expect, if you dont have anyhthing constructive to post dont bother
                  sigpic
                  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Im loving your vxr in the picture mate, is she a 1.3 cdti version?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                      what is it with you iv seen two of your posts now you judging others mentioning or disputing why they have vxr's

the fact is sunshine you are on a VXR forum, what do you expect, if you dont have anyhthing constructive to post dont bother
                      lol

the guy with the dirty car annoyed me as its a mint car and he dont look after it as i take pride im my cars.

and its obvious if you smell cluch its burning therefor you aint driving right.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                        Im loving your vxr in the picture mate, is she a 1.3 cdti version?

its not a vxr silly.....

Comment

lol

the guy with the dirty car annoyed me as its a mint car and he dont look after it as i take pride im my cars.

and its obvious if you smell cluch its burning therefor you aint driving right.

lol
                          the guy with the dirty car uses it for work as well so cant blame him plus the country he lives in all the cars look like that
                          sigpic
                          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                            the guy with the dirty car uses it for work as well so cant blame him plus the country he lives in all the cars look like that

get you now....

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
                              Is it normal for the clutch to smell after driving the car? I noticed it for the first time last night after a bit of spirited driving. The only thing is that i wasn't hammering the clutch and i don't rest my foot on the pedal when driving. It smelt like hot brakes but it was coming from above the bell housing and not from the brakes.

but asking that is just ridiculous imo

Comment

Working...
                              X