This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Fit Front Headlamp Bulbs In Astra VXR

Right lads iam looking ahead at this cause iam looking at astra vxr but no AFL anyhow i want to upgrade the bulbs in the near future instead of your dull yellow look , i heard its really hard to change bulbs you got to go through the arch or something i heard, anyways has anybody done it succesfully changed the bulbs???

Cheers Rocky
    Arden Racing Edition

Its not that tricky. Just turn the cars wheels, unclip the arch cover then pull back the headlight backing cover. Give the bulb a twist and it pops out.
    Black Astra VXR...

Comment

Originally posted by unikarl View Post
      Its not that tricky. Just turn the cars wheels, unclip the arch cover then pull back the headlight backing cover. Give the bulb a twist and it pops out.
      iv done it on both my astras and its as easy as above the trickest part is unclipping the old bulb and putting the new one in without touching the glass.
      INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_Burg View Post
        iv done it on both my astras and its as easy as above the trickest part is unclipping the old bulb and putting the new one in without touching the glass.
        wear some latex type gloves then you can touch all you want
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

H11
          fogs are easy just jack the car up disconect the wires turn bulb 1/4 turn ant clockwise and it comes out.
          H7
          the outer of the two lights is got too from under the wheel arch theres a small cover to remove, then a rubber cover turn the bulb again 1/4 turn and remove with the wires still on pull out the bulb but dont touch the class bit on any bulb, put back in as was removed
          H1
          from under the bonnet, remove the air filter houseing makes this easy, remover the rubber cover, then the wire then theres a small spring clip holds the bulb in uncip it and with draw the bulb,put back as was removed

any thing ive missed please chip in.It is a fiddly job but helps if you have small hands LOL

its not hard mate just take your time.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_Burg View Post

If you touch one of the bulds make sure you touch the other one so when they blow they should blow around about the same time lol.

Mickey what bulbs do you recommend? All three types if you changed them all.

Mine are the crappy looking yellow type. standard champs

Comment

ring sports blue great bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                ring sports blue great bulbs
                Sounds rediculous but any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                  Sounds rediculous but any pictures?
                  as it happens mate i have but im at work and cant post pics will see if i can get some up tonight but the light thay give off is pure white.

Comment

as it happens mate i have but im at work and cant post pics will see if i can get some up tonight but the light thay give off is pure white.
                    what you doing on here then?

Get back to work!
                    Whats next?!?!?

Comment

H11
                      fogs are easy just jack the car up disconect the wires turn bulb 1/4 turn ant clockwise and it comes out.
                      H7
                      the outer of the two lights is got too from under the wheel arch theres a small cover to remove, then a rubber cover turn the bulb again 1/4 turn and remove with the wires still on pull out the bulb but dont touch the class bit on any bulb, put back in as was removed
                      H1
                      from under the bonnet, remove the air filter houseing makes this easy, remover the rubber cover, then the wire then theres a small spring clip holds the bulb in uncip it and with draw the bulb,put back as was removed

any thing ive missed please chip in.It is a fiddly job but helps if you have small hands LOL

its not hard mate just take your time.
                      am i right in thinking the main lights are H7 then? I thought they were H1?

And you change the main light through the arch and side light through the bonnet?
                      Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                        If you touch one of the bulds make sure you touch the other one so when they blow they should blow around about the same time lol.

Mickey what bulbs do you recommend? All three types if you changed them all.

Mine are the crappy looking yellow type. standard champs
                        haha i kno i had em on mine when i 1st got it.
                        me brothers an plane engineer so av got his traders discount car for halfords
                        just got them blue tint xenon gas ones. nice looking. get about 70% off there with the card so got the full set came to about £16
                        INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                          what you doing on here then?

Get back to work!
                          lol i am this is my job .

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                            am i right in thinking the main lights are H7 then? I thought they were H1?

And you change the main light through the arch and side light through the bonnet?
                            the two outer most lights if you look at the front of the car are h7 the inner two bulbs with the side lights in are h1 on none afl lights.

Comment

lol i am this is my job .
                              i suspose your right, being a moderator (i kneel and bow down to you)
                              Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X