This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Astra VXR

Have any of you seen the article in the latest issue of Auto Express mag? pictures of the new Astra due in year 2010 and the VXR is going to have according to there reports 4 wheel drive and over 250 BHP :wink: , can't wait to see that!!
    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

should be intresting , i better start saving

Comment

Autoexpress

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
        Autoexpress
        Yes, I know!! not always correct
        Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

VX 4wd systems........

Comment

The German Paper "AutoBild" told the same. If General Motors gives their OK to Opel for a 4wd system, Opel will produce one for the new Astra. The new Vectra OPC/VXR will for sure have 4wd.

If you see how much bhp the enemies got (Focus 280, BMW 1 306, Gold R36 300,...) Opel/Vauxhall has to go with.

Comment

Great timing then, I'll be a due a new car and part exchange by then!

Comment

Doesn't GM now have is fingers in Subarus pies? I read somewhere that the running gear from the Impreza could be used.
                I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

The did own part of Subaru but I think they've sold it on...
                  Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

new one in 2010 gives me plenty of time to decide on intercooler then lol, before i trade in
                    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Is it just me or do autoexpress have a habit of "inventing" stories

Comment

yeah me thinks that obviously they will bring out a new one in a few years but lets just wait for it nothing is gonna happen too sooon me no thinks besides only just got my pride and joy too give me some time to enjoy it lol
                        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

First they wanted to bring it 2010.

Now, because the Golf is build in 2008, Opel wants to do the same (some founts said).
                          But I don't believe Opel will follow and do the same mistake VW allready did.

Anyway, the Astra H is most sold car in Europe, why build a new one by next year?

Comment

The Nova Sport came with twin 40's in the boot for you to decide whether to fit or not, maybe the VXR will come with a spare transfer box in the boot cause if the Cavalier Turbo's are anything to go by you'll need it!!
                            sigpic
                            Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Cavalier transfer boxes were okay if treated properly! my one had done 100k and was still perfect when I got rid of the car.

That said I'd expect them to use a slightly different system, something like the VAG haldex, which is pretty good, works in a similar fashion to the cavalier one but is an improved design.

What will be interesting is to see if the new vectra vxr appears as 4wd as rumoured and if its rwd bias..

Comment

Working...
                              X