This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average time to keep the car.

How long should I keep my Astra from new? I am not sure about this as I want to get my monies worth out of the car but on the other hand, not loose too much in depreciation.

Had the car a year at the end of the month and plan to keep it another 2 years. Is 3 years the optiumum?

Mine is 3 years old in January and have no plans to get rid of it whatsovever!

There is no other car i want, plus my car has all the good parts / upgrades on it, and there is nothing wrong with it....so im gonna keep it
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

They reckon the optimum time to change your car for the best price is 18 months , but now there is this credit crunch going on i do not really know , but if there are no probs with your car and there is not another car out there you would like why change it keep it longer and save your money and enjoy what you have already got even longer........

Comment

think i will keep mine for four years, should still be worth what i put down at that point so i can just go out and buy a new car again
        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

How much did you put down on it when new then ??? (£2000)

Did you read the news papers this week all car prices are coming down (£2000) they can not sell any and thats before you get any other discounts you should be able to get . 4 years seems a bit long to me if you think that way, but ha who knows you could well be right on the money there mate.......

Comment

i put 6000 down, i reckon it should fetch around that after 4 years
            http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Fare enough mate. fingers crossed then (btw) you bl**dy should do but you never know ..........

Comment

You'll lose a fortune unfortunatly vauxhalls dont keep there value very well, on the other hand a vw holds it value alot more.

You lose about 2000 when you drive a new car out of the show room.

Example, the lady i bought my car from paid 20,000 for my car in 2006, its a 55 plate and i bought the car july 2008 for 9950 so its half value in just under three years. Good for me but bad for her but now its losing value rapid style due to the current car market.

Comment

so after 4 years i should still get my 6 grand back, then on to the next ride i aint bothered about losing money tbh, its just one of those things, i had a vw as my last car, tbh lost just as much money as any other car.

Comment

Originally posted by RobToogood View Post
                    so after 4 years i should still get my 6 grand back, then on to the next ride i aint bothered about losing money tbh, its just one of those things, i had a vw as my last car, tbh lost just as much money as any other car.
                    Its the price we take when buying car, its true what they say no one wins when buying and selling cars eh.

I had a 2002 seat ibiza cupra r before and bought it for 6000 and spent 6000 on it and kept it for two years and sold it for 4800 but i had fun spending that money and was happy with the 4800 back and blew that on the vxr.

I miss the seat but vw's and seats are totally different cars to the vauxhall.

Id say the vauxhall is a more hands on ruff and ready car.

Would you go back down the vw road after having the vauxhall?

I think i'll return to seat after the vxr is finished, leon cupra K1, thats what car the lady that i bought the vxr bought so in three years im on it.

Comment

i would if they bring out a car i like the look of, the golf is a great car but too bland for me, the rocco just doesnt do it for me either i cant fault my astra so far.

Comment

I hope my car is worth more than 6k after 4 years!

Comment

yeah so do i, thats just the minimum i want after 4 years but i should get more all being well

Comment

If you look at 4 year old Gsi`s they are 7-8k for a good one, so I reckon they will be around the same ... The Gsi`s are a bit rarer as they were a limited run so hold there value, but in 4 years time 8k will be worth less....(at the current rate about a tube of smarties ! )

Comment

I just bought my civic type r (fn2 model). It wouldnt be particularly my first choice car but i got a brilliant deal and couldnt let it go. 57 plate red, 19" wheels, GT model all extras bar sat nav cost 19500 new got it for 13800 with only 2400 miles on it. Thought id grab a bargain then in a year sell it on with little loss and buy a new car.

Comment

Working...
                              X