X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR newbie asks...

Hi guys,i'm another Greek member of this prestigious club.Just subscribed
    and i' dying to ask you Vxr owners some questions.I intend to get me an
    OPC (Vxr) somewhere this year to replace my fulltuned corsa b gsi.I have driven the opc in an Opel trackday and was very impressed.I know
    i'm gonna ride the tuning wagon again and want to know your opinions about some issues.In my corsa (1.6 lit, full atmo 8000rpm, 175hp ,16''rims ,
    195/50 tyres' front/rear calibra turbo brakes' PSS-9 suspension) as the power elevated i HAD to install bigger tyres and a ap-racing lsd to be able
    to put the power on the road.It seems that in a while all Vxrs will be 300+
    bhp.Anyone making an lsd for this car yet?(quaife,ap or other)After checking some months ago Quaife people said they were working on it-any news?Has anyone with ~300 bhp tried a 245 tyre on the 19''s?
    Opel is making a lot of noise about the introduction of the GT (sorry,no rightsided steering)which will cary the new 2.0lit direct fuel injection
    turbo motor with 265ps and turbo working ala vectra Vxr (cylinders 1&4
    and 2&3 feeding the turbo separately)Any inside info if this engine will end up in the astra? (in a upcoming facelift maybe?).If 300+ power is going to be delivered all sugest a bigger turbo.Why not using Vectra's or
    this new one from GT to upgrade .Questions,questions,questions...Any thoughts on these?
    us

there are new turbos out there developed for the vxr to take it to stage 4 and 5 and they should be released soon , courtneys are in greece too and they should be able to sort out any tuning mods you want to do when you get it welcome to the site too good to see the site is now getting worldwide , not herad anything about a quaife not that i know what 1 is
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

i think there may be a tuner prepared to do lsd very shortly :wink:

im sure it will be posted when he is ready to do so

Comment

Originally posted by arden
        i think there may be a tuner prepared to do lsd very shortly :wink:

im sure it will be posted when he is ready to do so
        great we can all be high when we are driving
        sigpic
        M.U.F.C.

Comment

yeh man

Comment

bagsie first
            sigpic
            M.U.F.C.

Comment

nowt new there then

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                nowt new there then
                nope right friday night project on bye all till tomoz
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

VXRPC are working on a LSD for the VXR just now. Not sure of time lines but sure they will let us know when it's ready.

Comment

Lsd on VXR

From my experience on the corsa (before and after fitting it) it made it much easier
                    to step on it just as you pass the apex .Before i had to see the road geting straight to accelerate.On the same track (but with dif. tyres-not worn out) i timed myself 3-4 seconds faster on a single lap.BUT you really
                    had to grab on to that steering wheel!I would def try it on a 300bhp Vxr maybe with a 245/35 tyre (if wheelarches permit).What would that 0-62mph be then?[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X