This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump valve?????

Hi all, i'm new to this site and i'm looking for a new dump valve for my astra vxr. i'm after one thyat is louder that the one that comes as standard on the car. i'm also about to get the miltech sport exhaust from the cat back. Is this a good choice of exhaust and if not, which one shall i get??

Thanks.

Hi and Welcome

Milltek is good, but try and go for Turbo - Back as that will then allow you to go for a stage 2 remap in the future if you consider that. There is also Remus and Wortec, but consider the fact that Milltek give a lifetime warranty, plus there is a nice 3" Race Milltek system due for release soon.

As for Dump Valves....well, if you want one, thats your choice, but its really not worth it, they do nothing. Save that money and put it towards getting the Turbo Back Milltek as opposed to the Cat Back
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

bastuck do a pretty cool system too
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Remember that Remus and Miltek means your Vauxhall warrenty stays intact
        Last edited by Rabbid; 16 November 2008, 05:34 PM.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Thanks, the only reason i'm thinking of the cat back is the price as i just found one for £400 and the turbo back i've seen priced at £850. in the run up to xmas it's just a little too expensive for me at the moment.

And as for the dump valve, i think i will leave it for now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Seriously consider maybe waiting and saving and then going for the full system, will benefit you in the long run.Keep an eye out, there are always systems popping up for sale
            sigpic

Comment

Reference the warranty issue, i spoke to my local Vauxhall dealership and the guy i was speaking to said that any different exhaust i put on the car, no matter what make it is will invalidate the warranty, even if i buy it from them and get them to fit it too.

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                Remember that Remux and Miltek means your Vauxhall warrenty stays intact
                A VERY valid point there too
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by de7956 View Post
                  Reference the warranty issue, i spoke to my local Vauxhall dealership and the guy i was speaking to said that any different exhaust i put on the car, no matter what make it is will invalidate the warranty, even if i buy it from them and get them to fit it too.
                  Bullcrap because the Astra Nurburgring's have the Remus system on them. Before Remus vauxhall approved Milltek.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Excelent, i think i will stick with the miltek one then. the only other problem i have with the saving up thing is that i live in germany and only home a few times a year so i'm looking to get this done over xmas before i go off to afganistan next year, cas you never know, i might not get another chance really. lol

Comment

Sounds like your dealership needs to speak to Vauxhall and check up on their warranty procedures

Milltek and Remus are approved and fitted by Vauxhall dealerships.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks again for all your replies, you're all a great help.

Comment

wouldnt bother with a DV, put the money to the exhaust mate.
                          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Thanks, the only reason i'm thinking of the cat back is the price as i just found one for £400

got mine from my local vaux dealer for £330 and they got it from thorney

Comment

Pewrhaps the dealer mean they dont actually cover the exhaust its self as in if it breaks at the joint.

Its a trick subject to judge that one.

Vauxhall as a network of dealerships dont for some reason have a set policy, i have two vauxhall dealers with in 20miles of each other and if i get no luck at one i go to the other and they will sort it for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X