This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Road Results, pics and graphs

Attended a rolling road day @ AMD in Essex with another forum group. Only had my vxr for 2 weeks and is completely standard. Was basically hoping to get around 230-235bhp........ but I didn't!!!

I got 251.7 bhp

Second run was 250.1bhp and third run was 247.8bhp. I cant believe the results I got! The operator was very impressed with the bhp results and said Ive got a quality engine under the bonnet

I know a few of you will think the dyno was being generous with its bhp output but most the cars on the rollers today got what was expected. A vxr running stage 2 managed 280bhp which is about right for that spec. Well happy with the results...... the only was is up!!

Last edited by Daleyboy; 17 November 2008, 11:54 AM.

Not a bad result

I think I've seen you car about, will PM you.

Comment

Nice result a fair few people have been quoted less than the stated 236bhp.
      I see dumb people.......
      .....they're everywhere
      .....they walk around like everyone else
      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

What was the power at the wheels mate?

Comment

Video now uploaded......

Comment

very good figures but useless without the at the wheels figure. The graph says it was run in 6th gear and the ratios I think are listed as incorrect too so that would explain the result. Don't want to throw water on your fire but a few things need checking. Dont see cars making such high bhp without making loads more torque, and torque is what gives power as it is a measured figure rather than the mysterious 'calculated' bhp reading we all love so much
            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

How come the torque figure is so high if the car is standard? I thought standard was about 240ft/lbs and you made 270....

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                very good figures but useless without the at the wheels figure. The graph says it was run in 6th gear and the ratios I think are listed as incorrect too so that would explain the result. Don't want to throw water on your fire but a few things need checking. Dont see cars making such high bhp without making loads more torque, and torque is what gives power as it is a measured figure rather than the mysterious 'calculated' bhp reading we all love so much

just had my car on the rollers and got 254.8bhp but 318.5lbs/ft of torque

i thought the figures were a bit weird
                Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                  RR was carried out in 4 gear, hence the speed at peak power being 123.2mph. The car is standard so how would it make loads of torque????

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                    just had my car on the rollers and got 254.8bhp but 318.5lbs/ft of torque

i thought the figures were a bit weird
                    I think that should be 318.5 Newton Metres of torque which is pretty much exactly standard.
                    sigpic
                    Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
                    TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

No one ever has anything good to say about RR results.............

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVXR View Post
                        I think that should be 318.5 Newton Metres of torque which is pretty much exactly standard.

well the graph on my rr test sheet says...

318.5lbs/ft at 3650rpm
                        Daleyboys graph says...
                        270.3lbs/ft at 3094rpm
                        standard vxr is...
                        236lbs/ft at ?

so what is it then?

btw not havin a go at your figures Daleyboy, just pointing out the disparity between different rolling roads.
                        Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
                          RR was carried out in 4 gear, hence the speed at peak power being 123.2mph. The car is standard so how would it make loads of torque????
                          What was the 'at the wheels figure'? If it is about 203 that equates to about 240 at the flywheel
                          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                            well the graph on my rr test sheet says...

318.5lbs/ft at 3650rpm
                            Daleyboys graph says...
                            270.3lbs/ft at 3094rpm
                            standard vxr is...
                            236lbs/ft at ?

so what is it then?

btw not havin a go at your figures Daleyboy, just pointing out the disparity between different rolling roads.
                            On two std cars peak torque should be at the same rpm, the difference of 600 rpm suggests that car is either mapped or dyno operator has been smokin' something.
                            Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

All the information I was provided with is at the top of the thread. The car is completely standard as Ive said.

TBH is there a perfect dyno in the world that everyone can say is perfect????????

There was a total of 35 cars on the dyno and all got expected results with the mods they had carried out.

Comment

Working...
                              X