This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with EDS IPF unit please

I recived my unit last week but have been unable to get it to work on the car spoke to regal (karen) on friday and got sent new files and all sorts of software stuff but it seems to get stuck at the same bit of the upgrade process everytime a try it, After it says disconnect from pc and plug into car it seems to get confused and not do anything. a get a green light before a disconect it from pc but when a connect it to car for first time a dont ger the white light pulsing a just get white and blue flashing (when a plug it in and after a put ignition on).

Anyone else had similar prob if so how do you fix it, it was late on friday before a got chance to speak to regal so karen says she will get back to me but wasnt sure why it wasnt working, just thought ad ask on here for some advice as lots of you have it and seems to work fine
    sigpic
    Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
    And now have an
    Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
    Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

are you using it on Windows XP ?

Comment

How long are you waiting?? I think you get the flashing lights then after a while you'll get the constant green...

Comment

yea on xp, and ano wot you mean but waited 15 mins and didnt do anything,

Its ment to give you white light when you plug it into car then when you turn ignition on it starts flashing faster then after few mins goes green. but mine just flashes white and blue(like it does when its plugged into comp)
        sigpic
        And now have an
        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
          yea on xp, and ano wot you mean but waited 15 mins and didnt do anything,

Its ment to give you white light when you plug it into car then when you turn ignition on it starts flashing faster then after few mins goes green. but mine just flashes white and blue(like it does when its plugged into comp)
          Sometimes takes a few attempts...dunno why though..... it does seem like a very fickle system!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
            Sometimes takes a few attempts...dunno why though..... it does seem like a very fickle system!!
            Hmm been trying it all the time since thur friday and still not got anywhere,

Was wondering if there was a way of resetting the unit or something??
            sigpic
            And now have an

Comment

ask regal Chris will know

Comment

I had a few problems like this to start off with,
                You should get a blue/yellow flashing light as the car is being reprogrammed.
                what i usually do ,is move the connector around slightly, then when the led goes yellow leave it, after a min, its seems to sort itself out and start programming. Sounds like your connection (like mine, and probably everyone else's) is a bit temperamental, and just needs playing around with.
                If all else fails phone, or if you can take it to regal to sort.

Just remember not to disconnect the IPF if it’s already programming (when you get that far) as you will leave yourself with a dead car, and you'll have to get regal to send you a recovery programme.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by jrichrd View Post

Just remember not to disconnect the IPF if it’s already programming (when you get that far) as you will leave yourself with a dead car, and you'll have to get regal to send you a recovery programme.

Good Luck
                  I'm guilty of doing that , I had to get my son down to fix it (not good with the computer side of it).

Comment

Got new ipf unit in the post the other day and got it to work ok now, what a difference it makes to the car tho love it
                    sigpic
                    And now have an

Comment

Got new ipf unit in the post the other day and got it to work ok now, what a difference it makes to the car tho love it
                      What map did you load??

Comment

What map did you load??
                        Tried the 290bhp one but have the 70mm map on the now till a get new filter and plugs, can you run the 290 one without the intercooler?? a did and was well fast
                        sigpic
                        And now have an

Comment

Tried the 290bhp one but have the 70mm map on the now till a get new filter and plugs, can you run the 290 one without the intercooler?? a did and was well fast
                          I haven't seen what new maps are on the server lately.....i didn't know there was a 290 one?? does it say anything about an intercooler then?? I hope so cos i've got one ready to put on..

Comment

brian do you mean the 285ps 450nm -70mm one the 290 one is for complete decat mate
                            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

I haven't seen what new maps are on the server lately.....i didn't know there was a 290 one?? does it say anything about an intercooler then?? I hope so cos i've got one ready to put on..
                              A 315 one says bout an intercooler a think but 290 ones just say no pre cat and stuff so think it should be ok to run with just the remus, going to phone regal in morning to ask to defo what ones a can run, car is mental now tho going to go through tyres very quick haha
                              sigpic
                              And now have an

Comment

Working...
                              X