This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metalicy sound

guys an aidea what this kinda matalicy sound could be its not all the time just does it every so often its not loud if i have the radio on i never hear it sounds like its coming from the front drivers side area ive had it on a ramp checked heat sheilds they seem all right
    any idears its driveing me nuts

Does it happen when you come off throttle?

Astra

Comment

is it on tickover ? when the engine is hot ?

Comment

I had somthing similar drove me nuts turned out to be a weld failure on the middle silencer the pipe through and the baffles were rattling like mad just above tickover and it sounder as if it was a heat shield.
        Get it up on ramps and flex the pipe to see
        Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

its hard to exsplain it does,nt do it all the time and some times its done it when im holding the revs at say 2000rpm but it does,nt do it all the time it hasnt affected the cars performance it still like a rocket lol

Comment

When the engine is warm and i take the revs to 2000 on standstill and let the throttle go i hear a clincking noise from the exhaust it seems to be.

Seems alot of people have the same problem but it doesnt bother me.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
              When the engine is warm and i take the revs to 2000 on standstill and let the throttle go i hear a clincking noise from the exhaust it seems to be.

Seems alot of people have the same problem but it doesnt bother me.

Ive got that had it back two times for it and they say it normal am just living with it now it dose it when warm when you come of the throttle like you say?

Comment

had this "metallic sound" after coming off the go pedal at gear change ... i found i'd left the hose from the airbox to the amm poorly fitted and loose as usual down to me being a plank

Comment

Working...
                X