Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best re-map software to use?

i no its discussed alot but alot of threads stray away from the point

all i wna no i have people actually compared maps or they going of personal experience only having 1 .....

what does every 1 rekn?
    what maps do differnt tuners use?

brett

Brett this is always a toughie because everyone has their favourite like buying panasonic , sony or Toshba tv,s..
    You can ask the question but you will get a totally different answer from most people and you are only really going to find out by ringing the tuners you are interested in and asking them their location to you , what they offer in way of map , backup service and price , only then can you decide i believe where you want to go..
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Comment

best bet is ring all the tuners and ask them about there maps

my own personal opinion is courtenays always looked after my car
        for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

and this will be a sensible thread ....

You can always utilize the search button because this has been asked many many times and will throw up exactly the same reponse and replies..
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

have to agree with marc , thinks it who your nearest respectable tuner who will be your best option plus make sure you ask about warranty as good tuners will offer some sort of warranty

Comment

i must say i was havin a play in the rain and my smooth tms map with my dap fitted dif and springs was PERFECT
              WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Paul is the United Nations Peacekeeping Force of VXR online
                sigpic

Comment

ye but ringing them they will obviously promote their maps and say how **** the others are, they want to make money,

i have looked at other threads and every1 just strays away from the question ha

what choice of maps are there?

Comment

i am multi tunner....i had courts hoses and dump valve on untill stage 3 lol
                    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

i no tms use bluefin, but is that actaully suited to my car cos i can buy a bluefin on the net so it just makes me think its just a mass produced map

what do otheres use? eds...etc

Comment

AFAIK:-

EDS maps are more aggressive.
                        Superchips/TMS maps are more smooth.

What you choose depends on your preference.

You also need to consider the other factors such as warranty. It varies between 1 to 3 years. I'm not sure who offers what though. All I know is that VXRPC offer 1 year and TMS offer 3 years.

I don't think it matters who you choose, the customer service levels are high and you will be look after by all.

As said though best bet is to ring round...no-one is going to agree on here!

Who ever you choose you will be happy with the remap...it makes such a difference and improves the car a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post
                          i no tms use bluefin, but is that actaully suited to my car cos i can buy a bluefin on the net so it just makes me think its just a mass produced map

Its the same map we all use from TMS even on the dyno as the Bluefin unit is just the handheld unit that delivers it to your ecu to save you driving a distance to have it done for you...Bluefin = delivery method..
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post

I believe all tuners use generic maps. I think Courts are the only ones that do live mapping. I think TMS may do as well...not sure but I'm sure someone will know.

Comment

how about a list of highly recommended tuners ie courts , dap ,thorney ect . maybe top 5 tuners recommended by vxronline members

Comment

Working...
                              X