Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone uprated their speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone uprated their speakers?

    I had a sub and amp in the boot of my vxr but they took up too much room. Without these however I have realised just how poor the standard stereo is in the Astra.

    Has anyone just changed the speakers and if so, has it made much diference?

    I wanted to buy some Focal's but I dont know if the weedy standard stereo will be able to kick out enough power to run them.

    Any advise appreciated
    Black Astra VXR...

  • #2
    I just bought a new stereo with some 6x9" speakers and used an amp with both the standard speakers and the 6x9"s and it sounds pretty good, I think it's just the standard h/u which is ****.
    Burg #332 - 270 bhp - gone
    Mazda 3 MPS - 490 bhp - gone
    Audi S4 - MRC stage 2/490 bhp....so far

    Comment


    • #3
      yes

      ive upgraded my fronts and rears, running off an amp and a sub running of a seperate amp.

      Upgrading the front speakers and running them off the standard head unit is ok, but wasnt good enough in my opinion. Now im running them off the amp, the sound is in a completely different world.

      Would definatley recommend upgrading, but running off an amp is a must as well
      Whats next?!?!?

      Comment


      • #4
        I've changed the lot in my Corsa....

        Pioneer Bluetooth HU + steering wheel controls
        Components in the front doors running off of an amp
        Rear standard speakers kept but running off of the HU
        Stealth shelf in the back with 7x10's running off an amp
        All the above sound deadened plus still room in the boot with no sub

        As said before if you want the most out of your system you really do have to run an amp and decent cables.

        Comment


        • #5
          these Adapters where do you buy them and what fronts do you need 16.5 mm

          Would these fit in

          both front and rear

          http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe...ir-p-6196.html
          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dtox View Post
            these Adapters where do you buy them and what fronts do you need 16.5 mm

            Would these fit in

            both front and rear

            http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe...ir-p-6196.html
            Obviously I've got a Corsa and not an Astra so I'm not too sure if there the same size but my fronts were 6.5" and I made my adaptors out of wood, much stonger and better than plastic ones you can buy.
            I didn't change my rears as they would have been too much hassle to change for essentially not alot of difference, just keep them running off of your head unit for sound distribution in the car, I see you've already got 6X9's in the rear no need to change the factory ones.

            Comment


            • #7
              jayjay what adaptor do u need 2 keep the steering controls??

              and is it available for most double dins??
              Astra Edition #105
              Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                jayjay what adaptor do u need 2 keep the steering controls??

                and is it available for most double dins??
                As far as I could find only Pioneer do an adaptor for the steering wheel controls and as I also found out the very expensive way Pioneer double dins will NOT fit the Corsa's so had to buy a single din as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post

                  As far as I could find only Pioneer do an adaptor for the steering wheel controls and as I also found out the very expensive way Pioneer double dins will NOT fit the Corsa's so had to buy a single din as well.
                  Wrong, Steering wheel adapters are made by many companies not just pioneer. Incidently Pioneer does not make there own but it gets made for them by another largish company. The make to use/buy is connects2 as it lets you set the time as well, which on the astra is a issue if you do not have the original radio. Part number is CTVX0002 and you also need the radio specific make wiring (CTPioneer in Pioneers case, CTCLARION etc). Total cost is in the region of £40 to £50 for both parts.

                  And Wrong again you can fit a double din into the corsa. You need an adapter kit made by Connects2 or autoleads which, gies you the fascia and the new cage required to fit the double din. As for the Pioneer double din's Vauxhall actually has a special edition model with a pioneer double din in as standard.

                  You will also need and active aerial adapter.

                  Aslo focals will fit fine with the adapter and will sound a lot better but as has been said you really need to amp them to get the best out of them. the headunit while no great on functionality can actually make the centre of a very fine soundsystem if you use a high quality LOC like the JL cleansweep or even better the ALpine with imprint H650. Not cheap but it will show you just how good the oem radio actually is.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BasilD View Post
                    Wrong, Steering wheel adapters are made by many companies not just pioneer. Incidently Pioneer does not make there own but it gets made for them by another largish company. The make to use/buy is connects2 as it lets you set the time as well, which on the astra is a issue if you do not have the original radio. Part number is CTVX0002 and you also need the radio specific make wiring (CTPioneer in Pioneers case, CTCLARION etc). Total cost is in the region of £40 to £50 for both parts.

                    And Wrong again you can fit a double din into the corsa. You need an adapter kit made by Connects2 or autoleads which, gies you the fascia and the new cage required to fit the double din. As for the Pioneer double din's Vauxhall actually has a special edition model with a pioneer double din in as standard.

                    You will also need and active aerial adapter.

                    Aslo focals will fit fine with the adapter and will sound a lot better but as has been said you really need to amp them to get the best out of them. the headunit while no great on functionality can actually make the centre of a very fine soundsystem if you use a high quality LOC like the JL cleansweep or even better the ALpine with imprint H650. Not cheap but it will show you just how good the oem radio actually is.

                    I stand corrected, only talking from personal experience...
                    My Pioneer double din didn't fit due to it using screws to release it from the cage rather than keys like on most Head units, thus making it too big

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post



                      I stand corrected, only talking from personal experience...
                      My Pioneer double din didn't fit due to it using screws to release it from the cage rather than keys like on most Head units, thus making it too big
                      ooh dear. looking at that new 1 they are putting in the in touch models though surely that would fit ok??

                      and re the steering controls, i take it yours is the triple info displayand not the gid to be able to change them??
                      Astra Edition #105
                      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So gimme a Site please where I can buy the adapters

                        why run off my head unit and not off the orignal wiring
                        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                          ooh dear. looking at that new 1 they are putting in the in touch models though surely that would fit ok??

                          and re the steering controls, i take it yours is the triple info displayand not the gid to be able to change them??
                          I've got the normal small display, and it still shows the time (which you can change) , date and temp

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            @ BasilD... Whats an LOC?

                            Also, the amp I had controlling the sub used to pop whenever the stereo was turned on or off. If I was to amp the new speakers then how do you stop this from happening?

                            Dtox, I think you can buy the speaker adaptors from pretty much any car audio shop. They are just plastic rings that make the speaker stand out a little further so it doesnt interfere with your window mechanism.
                            Black Astra VXR...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Does this mean that we get to pull your car apart?? if you want a hand just let me know.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X