Clear All

• Astra vxR in CAR magazine hot hatch showdown

How they rated.
    1. Golf gti
    2.new Honda civic type R
    3.Focus ST
    4.Astra vxR
    5.Mazda 3 mps
    The testers here seem to give the cars their rankings due to their build quality, the astra he says has stupid front seats that are too high as he says also about the ST, the fastest hatch here is the Mazda which surprised me!, but the torque steer is apparently 10 times worse than that of the astra, anyway if you see the article have a read its pretty cool!

Surprised the Megane sport never made the line up!, nice looking car i think.

Comment

Originally posted by jame-one
      :^o

Comment

whats the top speed of this crapda 3?

Comment

156 mph, 0-60= 6 secs

Comment

I heard it is 6.1 seconds?

Comment

YUCK ! people like those things.

Comment

i do find the seats are very high, they are adujsted as far down as they go!

Comment

Originally posted by Deedard
                  i do find the seats are very high, they are adujsted as far down as they go!
                  Have you tilted the base back as far as it will go too?

Andy

Comment

I wonder if these people are driving the same car as me, seats to high? Ehh? Adjust them then, Clarkson and his torque steer jibe, build some muscles or try holding onto the wheel you fool.
                    I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Originally posted by appolospb
                      YUCK ! people like those things.
                      One of the best hot hatches around at the mo if you beleive the hype. I like them and you can pick up a pre reg for £14999 which I think is a steal. Considering recaros and a trick LSD is standard. More track focused then the VXR. The rear end is not to everybody's liking but they are rare. (round here anyway). I test drove a 225 and that got the power down very well so I could only guess the R26 is a good hot hatch.

Comment

and?

Comment

Sorry i've editited it now! got side tracked and forgot to finish it!! LOL

Comment

only thing you will have to content with is its very harsh ride, its been tricked up to be more of a track enthusiates weekend toy rather than a everyday driver, 225 would be the better option if its going to be an everyday car and b-road blasts on weekends

Comment

The seat is too high, and it squeaks !
                              Try driving it with a helmet on, you are fixed to the spot, only able to turn to the left or right, thats if you can control the torque steer long enough to complete one lap !!! Dont you just love it ? Anything other than an astra is a loser !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X