This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downgrading

Have a really good chance of selling my vxr so looking at getting an old shape civic type r my mate has just bought one and although it's 100bhp less than my astra it's so much fun, only ever driven one once and always wanted one since and that was about 3 years ago would save me money on fuel cos getting a house jan/feb and need boring stuff like a washing machine whatever the that does
    anyone had one of these what did you think? guess reliability is good?

The Zannussi is pretty good!! very reliable

Comment

Not sure if it's going to save you much petrol m8

Astra

Comment

I'll try anyway, that the excuse but I know I can't live without a fairly fast car but want something a lil more sensible till i'm 21

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
          Not sure if it's going to save you much petrol m8
          It wont, my type r was worse on the fuel than the VXR. At 70mph your nearly at 4krpm.
          I see dumb people.......
          .....they're everywhere
          .....they walk around like everyone else
          .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

wernt you getting a vxr8?..i would bother with a type r though,as said already if you want to save fuel get a diesel or 1.8 or less petrol

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post
              wernt you getting a vxr8?..i would bother with a type r though,as said already if you want to save fuel get a diesel or 1.8 or less petrol
              As soon as I'm 21 whatever I have will be going for a monaro VXR but insurance won't stand it till then and hopefully by then I will be fully moved in to a house and not have to buy anymore boring stuff lol I cant wait to have a 6.0

Comment

Insurance was more on my CTR than on my VXR (same insurance company) by about £50 a year. Petrol consumption is about the same, nothing in it really. Car Tax will be the same as the VXR and servicing is more expensive at Honda. So although the CTR is cheaper to buy, the day to day running costs are pretty much the same as an Astra VXR. You really won't save much running a CTR.
                THE GRASSHOPPER HAS LANDED
                Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

i'm sorry m8, I would never change my vxr for a type R I had one for two years before i had my evo!

1) They sound like they dying when you floor them.
                  2) They about the same on petrol
                  3) No Turbo rush
                  4) Hardly any mid/low range power

Only advantage is that they are better on the twistys! Don’t get me wrong they are a good car, but would never change one for my burg . I think the guy that i absolutely smoked on the M56 was gutted as well lol in his new shape Type R. I think he was about 9 cars back, that’s when i started braking!
                  Bastuck De-Cat pipe and Regal IPF for sale!

Comment

"As soon as I'm 21 whatever I have will be going for a monaro VXR but insurance won't stand it till then and hopefully by then I will be fully moved in to a house and not have to buy anymore boring stuff lol I cant wait to have a 6.0"

what age are u now?........cos being 21 aint gonny change the petrol consumption on any 6.0 motor.............unless youve got a well paid job lined up at 21 you wont be able to afford it.....insurance will only be a small part of the overall cost.............and youll still be paying yer mortgage, false economy changing now imho
                    Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                    Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                    loved and lost, gave and took
                    Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

If your going to tell me fuel is cheaper on the I.O.M....ill move now lol
                      Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                      Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                      loved and lost, gave and took
                      Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

21 christ iam 25 iam just going for a astra vxr you lot way ahead of me
                        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

with rgds to fuel... i think the EP3 CTR is actually noticibly worse than the astra... according the the 2 friends i have that own or have owned one.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                            "what age are u now?........cos being 21 aint gonny change the petrol consumption on any 6.0 motor.............unless youve got a well paid job lined up at 21 you wont be able to afford it.....insurance will only be a small part of the overall cost.............and youll still be paying yer mortgage, false economy changing now imho
                            Without sounding cocky I'm not gonna have a mortgage I need the money to kit a house out with appliances etc and i'm starting a new business so don't want to re invest all the proceeds and a civic is buyable for 7k with nice miles, I'm 21 in about 6 months so will be cruising in my vxr once again fuel cost isn't too much of a prob at the min just gotta keep the mrs happy lol

Comment

Originally posted by poshboy View Post
                              Without sounding cocky I'm not gonna have a mortgage I need the money to kit a house out with appliances etc and i'm starting a new business so don't want to re invest all the proceeds and a civic is buyable for 7k with nice miles, I'm 21 in about 6 months so will be cruising in my vxr once again fuel cost isn't too much of a prob at the min just gotta keep the mrs happy lol
                              i am confused (not hard i know)
                              you are going to sell your VXR to raise funds for house appliances,
                              which would mean any surplus of cash after buying a ctr would be gone!

then,
                              in 6 months you intend to buy anther VXR!
                              so surely with the ctr only worth 7k you will need to find a few thousand £ to buy the VXR again
                              Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                              X