This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hella Dynabeam BiXenon Headlight Upgrade

I'm considering having these Hella AFL lights retrofitted to my Burg. I imagine they'll be pretty expensive, but I really wanted a car with Xenons and although my Burg had a few options fitted, unfortunately AFL wasn't one of them. As I've seen loads of threads saying it's SO hard to have AFL retrofitted, can anyone think of any issues that may arise with retrofitting these ones?

The illustrated fitting instructions look quite straightforward, ..not that I'd try it myself!

http://dynabeam.hella-online.com/EN/index.html
    sigpic
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

To my knowledge its easy to fit these. Problem with retrofitting AFL is exactly that, the 'Adaptive' part, not the actual casing. The 'adaptive' part of the Hella is based on a Gyro rather than attachment to the steering so it bypasses that part of the complexity, although will naturally be less accurate (but still good from what I've read).

For simply the look you could pretty easily also fit the original casing (for cheaper I imagine) if you don't want any adaptivity at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_VXR View Post
      To my knowledge its easy to fit these. Problem with retrofitting AFL is exactly that, the 'Adaptive' part, not the actual casing. The 'adaptive' part of the Hella is based on a Gyro rather than attachment to the steering so it bypasses that part of the complexity, although will naturally be less accurate (but still good from what I've read).

For simply the look you could pretty easily also fit the original casing (for cheaper I imagine) if you don't want any adaptivity at all.
      Thanks for that, Bud. Looks like this might be the way for me to go then, ..if they don't break the bank totally!
      sigpic
      Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
        Thanks for that, Bud. Looks like this might be the way for me to go then, ..if they don't break the bank totally!
        You should be able to get them for ~£400 - £500. I have a contact from Germany if you want that sells them. Though note I've read some people say he's great and reliable but have not (yet) used him myself so cannot personally vouch for him.

Comment

If you could PM me his details, that'd be great. Thanks, Bud
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X