Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new vxr need wearing in?????????

My brand new astra vxr has jst arrived but i am just wondering does it need wearing in or can i jst drive in normal and give it abit ov welly??

i'd take it easy for a few hundred miles before really giving it some.

Comment

Just make sure you let the car warm up before u give her abit of stick, and id keep below 5000 revs for the first 500 miles, also make sure you let her cool down for 2-3 mins

Comment

I got mine in september 2008.

First 500 miles take it easy the engine is tight i can tell you, the car is good but doesnt go like it should do. I kept revs generally below 3000.

After 500 miles you can put a little into it and i went up to 5000 revs.

After 1000 I started to use the car and i can tell how much freer the engine is now and I feel I got the benefit of nicely breaking her in - so to speak !!!

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
          I got mine in september 2008.

First 500 miles take it easy the engine is tight i can tell you, the car is good but doesnt go like it should do. I kept revs generally below 3000.
          After 500 miles you can put a little into it and i went up to 5000 revs.

After 1000 I started to use the car and i can tell how much freer the engine is now and I feel I got the benefit of nicely breaking her in - so to speak !!!

lol, that's a bit extreme..

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
            lol, that's a bit extreme..
            but useful i think...
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

So basically keep the revs down for the first 5000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Kennygvxr View Post
                So basically keep the revs down for the first 5000 miles
                Just the first 500 - 1000 miles Bud, ..thereafter you'll see how sweetly it goes.
                sigpic
                Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Working...
                X