X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyed

Hi guys,
    Came out to my car this morning and found it had been keyed driver side from the boot to the front bumper The actual scratch is not deep at all and can't be felt when running my finger over it. So was wondering what's the best solution for removing the scratch is? T-Cut be any good or is there something better on the market?
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about that, Bud. Some jealous B's just can't stand others to have nice things. Hope you get it sorted out.
    sigpic
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

sorry to hear this m8! some people can be so hatefull but as far as the scratch goes vxrmarc would be the best person to ask... try and get some pics up to give an idea of the damage..

Comment

Cheers dude, just a pain in the **** really. Has some **** smash my wing mirror off two weeks ago and just left it the road. Now this

Comment

It would possibly machine out fine but would need to see a picture really...It also depends if it has broken the surface...I doubt very much if its been keyed if it hasnt broken the surface though , need photo..
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I'll get one up soon, just leaving work now

Comment

Originally posted by ConB87 View Post
              Hi guys,
              Came out to my car this morning and found it had been keyed driver side from the boot to the front bumper The actual scratch is not deep at all and can't be felt when running my finger over it. So was wondering what's the best solution for removing the scratch is? T-Cut be any good or is there something better on the market?
              Thanks
              f****** w****** gutted for u mate, should t cut out tho if it int to deep

Comment

Does your fingernail catch it when run over it, usually the rule of thumb, if you can feel it with your nail it won`t completely polish out . Maybe someone has scraped along it with a zip or something, ussually a key goes deep as Marc said ..

Comment

There is some real ******** out there isnt they there is just no need.

regarding the scratches mate what you need to do it take it to your local body shop they will use some rubbing down paper i.e 2000 grit so this will key the scratch away then it will need machine buffing and compound polish putting on it. If you dont think its that bad more than likly they will be able to polish it out.

Can you catch it with your finger nail?

Thanks

Comment

B******s sorry that really p***** me off gutted for u!!

Comment

Sorry for no photos will post some tomorrow. Regarding the scratch, my fingernail is not catching so decided to use a small bit of silver t-cut to see if it helped. It's faded the scratch abit but i presume it's gonna need to be polished out. I'll get down to a body shop in the morning and see what they say. Cheers guys for your help

Comment

gutted for you!!

That's the only problem with having a nice car , there's always some jealous **** about

Comment

I use some G3

Then I would use Color of your car on T-Cut if any mark then it fills it in a bit.

Then Polish over it
                          Then Wax on top

That is what I would do anyway
                          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

hahahaha G3 compound i see that in my sleep and everything i use that stuff everyday its good though works wonders.

Comment

Working...
                            X