This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff?

Has anyone here got a Diff fitted to the VXR?

Does it really make a big difference to handling and putting power down on the road? I have been in an RS Focus and those things are brilliant for goign round corners compared to any other 2wd car i been in. Just wondering does the Diff really make any difference to a stage 2 astra?

Thanks
    Steve

i think aussie has one fitted to his vxr!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueVXR View Post
      i think aussie has one fitted to his vxr!
      lets hope aussie sees my post then lol.. Thanks for that, if he doesnt reply here i can PM him.

Comment

The diff makes a massive difference and make power more usable best mod u can do in opinion

Comment

am i right in thinking a stage 2 with a diff will beat a stage 3 without?
          Im getting a diff next instead of stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
            The diff makes a massive difference and make power more usable best mod u can do in opinion
            Does it seriously reduce wheel spin or is it only cornering?

Thanks for ur reply.

Comment

Originally posted by lesvxr View Post
              Has anyone here got a Diff fitted to the VXR?

Does it really make a big difference to handling and putting power down on the road? I have been in an RS Focus and those things are brilliant for goign round corners compared to any other 2wd car i been in. Just wondering does the Diff really make any difference to a stage 2 astra?

Thanks
              Steve

all VXR's have diffs, but just happnes to be an open diff, a limited slip diff on the other hand makes all the difference when applying power and putting the power to the tarmac, minimises the tc zapping the power and pulls it into line in wet weather and wheels spinning, but saying that you can easily induce wheel spin but the lsd does haul it back in, cornering is greatly improved with overall traction on exiting, general driving you will be none the wiser but push the limits and it comes into its own.
              Well worth investment, should be on the list as one of the first things to do......

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie View Post
                all VXR's have diffs, but just happnes to be an open diff, a limited slip diff on the other hand makes all the difference when applying power and putting the power to the tarmac, minimises the tc zapping the power and pulls it into line in wet weather and wheels spinning, but saying that you can easily induce wheel spin but the lsd does haul it back in, cornering is greatly improved with overall traction on exiting, general driving you will be none the wiser but push the limits and it comes into its own.
                Well worth investment, should be on the list as one of the first things to do......
                Sorry i meant a LSD like what the RS Focus had. I know all cars have a diff lol, stupid of me..

Thats dead on, I think i will try saving the pennies and see if i can get one.

Thanks
                Steve

Comment

Now added to shopping list....... 1x LSD

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
                    Now added to shopping list....... 1x LSD
                    go for weed
                    MB E63s AMG
                    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Would anyone be interested in a Group buy for an Limited Slip Differential?

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                        Would anyone be interested in a Group buy for an Limited Slip Differential?
                        Would be up for that

Comment

maybe john at tms will do us a good turn if we do a group buy for an lsd to be fitted at one of his centres

Comment

the diffs are only fitted at tms hq i belive
                            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

lets get this sorted so whos up for an lsd in a group buy
                              1,hoggy a

Comment

Working...
                              X