Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Induction kit??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Induction kit??

    Hi has anyone had any problems running induction kits on the cars? my reason for asking is i've spoken to a few people now and all have said they suffer with the air flow meter??

    My car has a K&N panel filter and after looking at it i didn't think is was very good, so i went to B&Q and got some large flow pipe which you use for tumbledryers, i removed the front grill and mounted it to the mouth of the air feed pipe.

    It's now like a force feed air system

    What you think?

    Also i was looking at buying the dbilas flowmaster are they any good? and do they suffer with killing the air flow meter??

    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...R/P1020830.jpg

    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...R/P1020829.jpg
    Last edited by Paulburks; 18 November 2008, 09:32 PM.

  • #2
    you have given it a cold air feed you mean? induction kits usually suffer from heat soak (open cone filters) so a cold air feed is a must, with a panel filter in the existing box shouldnt be much of an issue
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

    Comment


    • #3
      btw the killing of the air flow meter or amm has usually been either an issues with filters being over oiled or just an issue with some standard cars (no filters added), pot luck really
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

      Comment


      • #4
        K&N run dry

        Comment


        • #5
          yet once the air, flows from the air box to the turbo it goes over the top of the rocker cover? this is hot would the heat not effect the air feeding the turbo?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
            K&N run dry
            my k&n came pre oiled (panel filter)
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

            Comment


            • #7
              oh dear ive just oiled my k&N up as it was dry, should it be dry then?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                yet once the air, flows from the air box to the turbo it goes over the top of the rocker cover? this is hot would the heat not effect the air feeding the turbo?
                i think this is why soem people go for the cdti conversion to have a more direct air flow but i think the standard setup with a panel filter is good enough i know mosts stage 3's run this with no issues
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                  oh dear ive just oiled my k&N up as it was dry, should it be dry then?
                  did your k&n not come with a sticker on the filter telling you that it was pre oiled (on the plastic wrapping)
                  sigpic
                  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    it doesnt matter how hot it is before it gets to the turbo as it get so hot in the turbo it will heat the air anyway. it needs cooling between the turbo and the inlet thats why they have intercoolers fitted.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=cdti+airbox
                      sigpic
                      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                        yet once the air, flows from the air box to the turbo it goes over the top of the rocker cover? this is hot would the heat not effect the air feeding the turbo?
                        Bit of a read for you - based on the Z20LET but same principles

                        http://www.zlet.co.uk/Induc-Mod.htm

                        Astra

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Car had it fited when i got it, so not sure. All i know is most K&N filters need to be oiled.

                          Im a massive NEWBI to these cars sorry if i sound like a D**k just trying to find out whats best for my car

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                            Car had it fited when i got it, so not sure. All i know is most K&N filters need to be oiled.

                            Im a massive NEWBI to these cars sorry if i sound like a D**k just trying to find out whats best for my car
                            K8N filters as far as im aware are pre oiled, the only time you need to re oild is after you have cleaned it there is a how to on cleaninf filters

                            http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=26284

                            ignore the dbilas bit the filter process is the same
                            sigpic
                            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                              K8N filters as far as im aware are pre oiled, the only time you need to re oild is after you have cleaned it there is a how to on cleaninf filters

                              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=26284

                              ignore the dbilas bit the filter process is the same
                              - good find

                              Astra

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X