Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking VXR

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smoking VXR

    Hows the gearbox/bearing issue? Any updates on how it going and how your coping with the car being in a garage!? Ie i hate leaving mine in a dealership over night...

  • #2
    Nightmare!!!! Got a dead car now!! My ecu is dead!! My diff bearings are gone!!

    Got to get my ecu reprogrammed......can't believe all this at once

    Can't even get to the dealers......

    On the bright side saving petrol money

    Comment


    • #3
      wots the issue with the diff?? what happened? also the ecu was that doen via the handheld by accident?
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
        wots the issue with the diff?? what happened? also the ecu was that doen via the handheld by accident?
        Yeah BB..the diff issue just appeared coming back from Daps collecting the IC so I had to take it into vx to sort so thought I'd take the map off but disconnected it before it was unloaded...just went dead and can't revive it with the ecu rescue file that I've been sent.....been trying since 7 this morning.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
          Nightmare!!!! Got a dead car now!! My ecu is dead!! My diff bearings are gone!!

          Got to get my ecu reprogrammed......can't believe all this at once

          Can't even get to the dealers......

          On the bright side saving petrol money
          Oh lord no luck man! Hope you get it all sorted out, your tech from vx sounded like he was going to sort you out okay the other day though eh!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
            Yeah BB..the diff issue just appeared coming back from Daps collecting the IC so I had to take it into vx to sort so thought I'd take the map off but disconnected it before it was unloaded...just went dead and can't revive it with the ecu rescue file that I've been sent.....been trying since 7 this morning.....
            so does the car not drive properly>???
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
              Oh lord no luck man! Hope you get it all sorted out, your tech from vx sounded like he was going to sort you out okay the other day though eh!
              yeah they were cool but now I can't even get there....gotta sort this ecu prob first!!...... things were just going too smoothly lately....something always throws a spanner in things.....my luck!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                so does the car not drive properly>???
                the car is totally dead!! I've electric to the dials, stereo and windows but no life in the car..won't turn over

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                  the car is totally dead!! I've electric to the dials, stereo and windows but no life in the car..won't turn over
                  oh no so the car will not respond to the ipf files?? what if you get someones standard map and try uploading that on??
                  sigpic
                  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do you have brakedown cover as they mite be able to get it to the garage for you.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                      oh no so the car will not respond to the ipf files?? what if you get someones standard map and try uploading that on??
                      The ipf hasn't got my ecu's ID and it won't upload it now either....I'm going to remove the ecu and take it to Regal who have said they will sort it out for me...... can't get my car to them cos then I can't drive it back cos of the diff problem!! That's what I mean about a Nightmare!!

                      I had to get the AA to tow me home cos I was using my mates comp as I never realised we had a comp with xp here too..so I've been driving between here and there all day trying the ipf


                      Been up all night working too and now I've got work again!!

                      Gotta laugh

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        feel for you ian, if you need anything jsut drop me a pm
                        sigpic
                        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                          feel for you ian, if you need anything jsut drop me a pm
                          Case of Stella please

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                            Case of Stella please
                            sigpic
                            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Here ian someone on here owes me a beer so if you can find them feel free to have it!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X