X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running In

Hi All,

How much running in do you reckon a VXR needs? My problem is this, I'm picking one up in Rotherham then going to Amsterdam via Calais which is about 500 miles. As I'm then going to Geneva for the show I thought I'd have a bit of fun in Germany on the way down - but it'll still be "Factory Fresh" so to speak. I know these days running in isn't a big issue for a lot of cars but wanted to check.

Reckon it'll be Ok to let rip after Amsterdam? I'm presuming there's no early oil change or anything?

i would not give it too much till 500 miles then you should be ok, changed my oil at 1200 just to be safe.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

manual (my Portuguese friend :wink recommends that you dont keep the car in the same rev range for a long time until you reach the magic 600 mile mark. i think its safe to say the engines are run in, but, give it 5 or 600 miles

Comment

i kept it to 4000rpm for the first 400 with a little boost every now and then then after that started opening it up more and changed the oil at 1500 , and i have a very powerful engine now and it goes like ****
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
          i kept it to 4000rpm for the first 400 with a little boost every now and then then after that started opening it up more and changed the oil at 1500 , and i have a very powerful engine now and it goes like ****
          nothing to do with the few grand spent on remaps and parts. all down to the running in technique eh

Comment

of course not rich :wink: ok so it's quicker now but it was quick before
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks a lot for your responses. Looks like I'll be able to start unleashing it in Germany and I'll try and get lots of different revs on the haul down rather than just sitting on the cruise, thanks for your advice.

Very odd, we have over a hundred Vauxhalls and we never care about them - but the VXR has us really enthralled - running in's unheard of normally yet all the VXR drivers here seem to want to love their cars!! I'm actualy excited!!!

Comment

Working...
              X