This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsr Induction kit for Astra vxr!!!

There is a company called Gsr and they make air intake system for fiats and alfa romeo`s at the moment. And i cannot stress how good it sounds and performs on my mates punto turbo. But they are looking into developing a system for the vxr, and this would solve every bodies problems with the air mass metre screwing up. They use some sort of special metiral to give a super cold intake. If they were to develop 1 for the Astra vxR would any body be interested in getting 1? I know i will b. Me thinks it will probably cost around £250 ish

no induction kit will perform as good as the air box.

ive never seen a vaux that worked well with a performance filter. for some reason turbo vauxs just dont work with induction kits.
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Had a feeling you`d b the first to reply lol.
      Never had a turbo vaux before but my apollo seems to work fine.
      The sound of this kit on my mates car is unreal though. You have to hear it to belive it, you can hear it over his exhaust. He gained about 25bhp with a remap just for for th kit itself.

Comment

[quote="andy16vturbo"]no induction kit will perform as good as the air box.

ive never seen a vaux that worked well with a performance filter. for some reason turbo vauxs just dont work with induction kits.[/quote

Quite fancy getting either an induction kt or an upgraded panel filter for the air box. So what benifits will you see by just replacing the panel filter and which ones are the best to go for, K&n or green panel filter?

Comment

[quote="Rae-VXR"]
          Originally posted by andy16vturbo
          no induction kit will perform as good as the air box.

ive never seen a vaux that worked well with a performance filter. for some reason turbo vauxs just dont work with induction kits.[/quote

Quite fancy getting either an induction kt or an upgraded panel filter for the air box. So what benifits will you see by just replacing the panel filter and which ones are the best to go for, K&n or green panel filter?
          the main benefit will be that your wallet is at least £30 lighter
          like andy says(he has had a few tuned vauxs) you will see zilcho benefits from changing the original filter,and probably problems with heat being sucked in.

i would not even think about changing the original with a panel because i would be paranoid about when to clean it and weather i had done it right.
          i would just rather replace the original and know in my mind the filter is working 100%.

Comment

Like Andy said really, the Vaux lumps (esp turbos) really do not agree with anything more than a panel filter.

Best to improve the air flow into the original box with a panel filter. Just clean it every few months with filter oil and you are sorted!

Comment

i agree that the sound is a lot better but id rather have the performance and piece of mind rather than a good sound.

i had a jetex filter on my turbo nova and it used to annoy the life out of me, i tried everything to get an air box in but unfortunatly vaux didnt make and airbox for a nova fitted with a 2l turbo lol.
              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Any one fitted one of the new Dbilas powerflow induction systems.
                Regal-auto sale them at £295, quite expensive but are German freinds use them on there opels.
                This may be an option???????????????
                Or not

Comment

Working...
                X