This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Race Exhaust From Tms?

any1 no the main differences between the standard milltek and the new tms race exhaust.

1. i believe its still milltek just a bigger (3" or 76mm)
    2. and it has no back box just a straight thru pipe

thats all i "know" but it may be wrong....any1 got any more details?

brett

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post
    any1 no the main differences between the standard milltek and the new tms race exhaust.

1. i believe its still milltek just a bigger (3" or 76mm)
    2. and it has no back box just a straight thru pipe

thats all i "know" but it may be wrong....any1 got any more details?

brett
    I've only seen the pre-production system fitted on Daz's car but it is a Milltek, complete system in a 3" Bore.
    It did have a back box but I'm not certain whether the VXRR version will be Resonated or Not.
    Sounds much deeper than any current exhaust system and produced improvements to the power and torque curves on Daz's car over the standard turbo back system.
    Will also come with the tailpipe finished in Powder Coated Black.
    hth
    Mark
    Last edited by Insignia VXR; 21 November 2008, 11:57 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

ye thats what i thought the noise must be incredible....really deep

Comment

Any ideas of the db readings for it?

Comment

i aint got a clue they take the 1st delivery next week i think, they are meant to just oooooooze power! ha

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
            Any ideas of the db readings for it?
            Yes they are............Lots 'n' Loud..........
            New bigger amp stereo fitting required .......lol
            sigpic
            WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

haha more than likely, i really want to hear one

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
                Yes they are............Lots 'n' Loud..........
                New bigger amp stereo fitting required .......lol
                Might need to upgrade the 10 to a 12

Seriously though, wanna know how your placed for tracks, I know the remus can't be used on certain tracks due to the noise - would be interested to see how the milltek compares

Comment

Its also the road id be worried about as the police can make you put it back to standard as its an aftermarket and there is a section of the law that they can use and take you to court if your car is louder than it was when it left the factory!

Ive been through the courts with my last one but couldnt fight it as it was a magnex and they would not take anything to do with the case.

Ive a remus now which i bought from vx so i havent been stopped with it touch wood!

Comment

There will be two versions. First a 3" bore with rear silencer and black chrome tip (which is fitted as standard to the VXR-S and VXR-R). There will also be a non cost option of the full race system which is stright through from centre silencer back (ie small centre resonator but no rear box at all) - this is what the race car runs.

As for noise the one with the rear silencer is good for all UK tracks as its been tested to maximum of 93db, the race version is 98db so good for all UK tracks (some question marks over the noise sensitive ones such as Goodwood), but it passed Bedford (evil Bazi noise police there) with ease.

If you want pops and bangs (and I mean you really want them) then the race system will set the hairs on the back of your neck on end, when driving it on the road you find yourself deliberately lifting off at high rpm just to hear it - juvenile I know but bl0ody funny

Comment

how much will it be?
                      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

98 db aint that bad,i've got a blitz nurspec r system mines 106 db it will make your ears bleed at full chat
                        sigpic

See No Evo, Hear No Evo, Fear No Evo! 508bhp,540lb/ft

Comment

Wortec Astra vxr sound chart below for comparison......

http://www.wortec.co.uk/uk/soundchar...ound_Chart.pdf
                          Last edited by smokinvxr; 22 November 2008, 01:30 PM.

Comment

how much we talking?

Comment

If i wanted to upgrade from my current milltek, would it be mean changing the whole exhaust system or just replace certain sections???

what gains are there to be had over the usual milltek system?

Comment

Working...
                              X