This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Sub & Amp

Where's The Best & Safest Place To Run The Power Cable From The Battery To My Amp Through The Bulk Head On My Astra??

no need, take it from the rear fuse box in the boot

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...hlight=install

Comment

Originally posted by paperjams View Post
        From The Pics It Looks Like I've Got To Rip All My Door Cards Off Etc.......I Really Don't Want To Be Doing That??

Comment

the door cards and seats have to come out... really easy if you just logically take the bits out. Up to you though... i would rather take some trim out than drill through the bulkhead.

Comment

mate can this be done on the corsa...?

and could you explain how i can run the power from the fusebox??
            Astra Edition #105
            Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Where do we take the feed from the fuse box?, I looked at the pics and got confused lol
              sigpic
              Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

i wouldnt know about the corsa, the only time i have been in one is when VX lent me a 1.0 then a 1.4 so tried to get out of it as quickly as possible . seriously though have a look in the boot, if it does have one you will need to find a spare slot (where there is no relay present) i.e. if your car doesnt have an option like heated seats then there will be a spare slot in your fuse box for a live feed.

Comment

i wouldnt know about the corsa, the only time i have been in one is when VX lent me a 1.0 then a 1.4 so tried to get out of it as quickly as possible . seriously though have a look in the boot, if it does have one you will need to find a spare slot (where there is no relay present) i.e. if your car doesnt have an option like heated seats then there will be a spare slot in your fuse box for a live feed.
                  How do you connect the wires?, if I remember correctly there is no tags, it's a female tag in the fuse box and the actual tag is on the relay fuses etc.
                  sigpic
                  Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
                    How do you connect the wires?, if I remember correctly there is no tags, it's a female tag in the fuse box and the actual tag is on the relay fuses etc.
                    correct. its not as scary as it sounds to connect up, the only reason i did it that way was to avoid taking trim up around the front of the car and having wires everywhere, this way there are no live wires in the engine bay (non oem ones anyway)

Comment

correct. its not as scary as it sounds to connect up, the only reason i did it that way was to avoid taking trim up around the front of the car and having wires everywhere, this way there are no live wires in the engine bay (non oem ones anyway)
                      Exactly, so you soldered some male tags onto your wires and just pushed them in to like the heated seat space as there was space?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
                        Exactly, so you soldered some male tags onto your wires and just pushed them in to like the heated seat space as there was space?
                        precisely. just make sure they are on really really tight!

Comment

precisely. just make sure they are on really really tight!
                          Cheers
                          sigpic

Comment

behind the glovebox theres a grommet with the main loom going through it.

Take the power cable through there, its easy as ****
                            Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                              behind the glovebox theres a grommet with the main loom going through it.

Take the power cable through there, its easy as ****
                              i didnt find it easy doin ma mates burg lol....

had to cut through the rubber and everythin!!

was a p***take!!!
                              Astra Edition #105
                              Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Working...
                              X