• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ksid=p3907.m29

is it worth buying?
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

i let you know monday as i won 1 mate

Comment

They look smart. Let us know if it makes a difference.

Comment

so are these worth a punt? did you fit it?
        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Trying reading a similar thread here :: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=170594

Looks like there might be issues with the way these are designed... or ??

Comment

still dont see how this makes a diff cause its only opening one section up the rest of the induction system is the same size as oe
            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
              still dont see how this makes a diff cause its only opening one section up the rest of the induction system is the same size as oe
              if theres a restriction in 1 part of the system, it has a knock on effect for the rest of the system.

it can only continue to flow as much as the previous part lets through, so if it lets through nothing, then it will recieve nothing.
              Whats next?!?!?

Comment

The thing I picked up on (rightly or wrongly) was the flex of the unit. They are saying that the engine vibrations will cause damage as the top end of the pipe is solid.....

Sorry, I'm no technical wizz or even start to understand it all.... Just thoughts I'd post the link for reference...

Comment

surely thee would only be a benefit if you made the whole pipework that size? otherwise the air is only gonna be restricted further along

Comment

surely thee would only be a benefit if you made the whole pipework that size? otherwise the air is only gonna be restricted further along
                    i thought the tophat was the restricting piece, it was smaller than the rest of the oe set up???
                    Whats next?!?!?

Comment

oh is it maybe well then wouldnt it be a good idea to get the top hat drilled out more look more oe

Comment

oh is it maybe well then wouldnt it be a good idea to get the top hat drilled out more look more oe
                        i thought the standard setup was 68mm diameter??? Im not too sure mate, i might be wrong.

But yes your right, it would be better to bore out the tophat. Someone on here sells them, cant remember who it is though.
                        Whats next?!?!?

Comment

sells bored out oe ones?

Comment

sells bored out oe ones?
                            yep, cant remember his name though. Not too expensive either.

For some reason Percysvxr keeps cropping up, but i know he does the airbox conversion cant recall whether he does the tophats either.
                            Whats next?!?!?

Comment

damn would love to get mine bored out a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X