This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek Help

I want to fit the Full Milltek system but funds are tight due to final payment for holidays.

If I go for the Cat back option, would this give me any improvement in power and give me that Millteck exhaust note, or should I wait and save for the full job???

What should I expect to pay as I here prices vary

Or is there an alternative

Thanks All

Don't know about the power details but here are some costings

Turbo Downpipe £240.00
    Hi Flow Sports Cat Assembly £420.00
    Cat Back System £425.00
    Full System £1085.00

Comment

If funds are low at min do it in parts the Turbo Downpipe £240.00 first helps a lot then Cat Back System £425.00 then the cat. also the only bit of the exhaust thats VXR is the back box the rest is same as mk 4 astra turbo so you can get a Turbo Downpipe for £150 if you dont mind the make.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Turbo downpipe. £150 from regal, possible 5-8 bhp increase
        sigpic

Comment

If funds are low - try Magnex or Scorpion...both do decent systems for the VXR
          tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
          The truth is out there ...

Comment

Im in the same dilema mate! I just fitted c/s turbo downpipe and what a difference just that alone makes! I even occasionaly get a pop or bang from the car now which is nice! Very race car like! The c/s downpipe was £190 delivered!

Comment

Does the CAT back system have the jet fighter sound I've seen on Youtube under accelration?
              I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ojc
                Does the CAT back system have the jet fighter sound I've seen on Youtube under accelration?
                no thats just my car

i would save up and get it done all at once otherwise your back and forward to garage and they will charge you everytime you go , so it will work out dearer , get the plastic out and sod the holiday
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                  Originally posted by Ojc
                  no thats just my car

i would save up and get it done all at once otherwise your back and forward to garage and they will charge you everytime you go , so it will work out dearer , get the plastic out and sod the holiday
                  aye!

you may do it in bits and be dissapointed. id save up then you got summit to look forward too.
                  stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Yeah i had the same problem with money issues so i decided to save up for the full system and stage 2 remap. Should have it done in a month or 2 [-o<

Comment

there is a turbo down pipe on ebay
                      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

not that i have either of these systems but if you are limiting your mods to just an exhaust then try a magnex !

according to magnex when dynod it achieved a similar power figure to the full miltek at half the price :wink:

regal also use the magnex on their stage 2 so it must do the job

Comment

Milltek might sound better though. Any 1 know how often the milltek backfires with stage 2 remap??? If it does it every time you lift the throttle or just occasionally???

Comment

with stage 3 it's popping all the time when cold but not too bad when hot just every now and then sounds great though
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Hold on there!!!!!!
                              News Flash
                              I have just been into Courtenay web site only to find that Milltek have now released a system like the magnex.
                              It still uses the main CAT.
                              £599 thats cheeper than the Magnex unless you go on EBay as you can get the full Magnex for £567 delivered!!!!!!!!

PS Still can't make my mind up either.

Comment

Working...
                              X