Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

came across another mini JCW GP!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • came across another mini JCW GP!!

    Just took a friend out in my astra for a blast an on my way bak home i saw a mini jcw GP in the distance at the lights so i caught him up.ended up being a friend who i used t play football with a few years ago!

    anyway!!

    we were in 2nd gear doin around 30 an shot off an i pulled away 2 to 3 car lengths upto 70 and slowed down.

    no really wat i thought they wud be seen as its the dogg b*ll*cks mini with 220bhp.

    but i suppose they are only 1.6 end of the day.

    just thought id let ppl no as we were discussing wat the outcome wud be.

    all i have done is remus and pipercross cold air feed.
    Last edited by Heavenly; 23 November 2008, 04:14 PM. Reason: speed.

  • #2
    Are you allowed to post 'Street Racing' threads??

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ShaunCTR View Post
      Are you allowed to post 'Street Racing' threads??
      LOL, but it would be bye bye Astra come the twisties

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ShaunCTR View Post
        Are you allowed to post 'Street Racing' threads??
        he forgot to mention he was on a private track

        Comment


        • #5
          Ah right

          I guess the lights he mentioned were the starting grid lights

          Comment


          • #6
            And he's got to drive through santa pod to get home.
            I see dumb people.......
            .....they're everywhere
            .....they walk around like everyone else
            .....they don't even know they're dumb

            Comment


            • #7
              The JCW range of Mini's are not that fast and for the money that they cost are slated on the Mini forums, although the GP is the daddy of the BMW Mini's they are still a little breathless top end. The GP's normally only see 210 on the dyno and the normal JCW's only see a mere 190bhp.

              When i raced a GP up at Santa pod i made it look like it was going backwards, finished just over a second before it did and with an et speed of an extra 7 mph faster.

              The GP.... a lovely car, wicked on the track, but just lacks that bit extra.

              Was your VXR standard?

              Alex

              Comment


              • #8
                it was on an 80mph road.lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chester View Post
                  LOL, but it would be bye bye Astra come the twisties
                  the astra vxr isnt that bad in the corners! bmws arnt all that good,my mate has a 316 it handles well but he once parked on a hill nose down and we couldnt reverse out.we had to get people passing to come get in the back and boot so we could get out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by crispi chris View Post
                    the astra vxr isnt that bad in the corners! bmws arnt all that good,my mate has a 316 it handles well but he once parked on a hill nose down and we couldnt reverse out.we had to get people passing to come get in the back and boot so we could get out.
                    Thats because it's a RWD car. Nothing to do with handling.
                    I see dumb people.......
                    .....they're everywhere
                    .....they walk around like everyone else
                    .....they don't even know they're dumb

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                      Thats because it's a RWD car. Nothing to do with handling.
                      i know it is, i didnt say it had anything to do with the handling i said it handles well i just said that there not all good cause he parked his on the hill the wrong way round which doesnt matter with fwd car.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crispi chris View Post
                        i know it is, i didnt say it had anything to do with the handling i said it handles well i just said that there not all good cause he parked his on the hill the wrong way round which doesnt matter with fwd car.
                        It would be more or less the same for a fwd car if it was facing up the hill.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chester View Post
                          LOL, but it would be bye bye Astra come the twisties
                          Question for you Chester.

                          If the Mini has better handling, then why is the Astra currently the 2nd fastest Hot hatch round the Nurb and the Mini isn't in the top 5?

                          Just wondering.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                            Question for you Chester.

                            If the Mini has better handling, then why is the Astra currently the 2nd fastest Hot hatch round the Nurb and the Mini isn't in the top 5?

                            Just wondering.
                            i can answer that cos chester the vxr owning but always having a dig about the brand says so
                            for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by timmee View Post
                              i can answer that cos chester the vxr owning but always having a dig about the brand says so
                              Here we go again lol

                              Yes the Astra may be faster round the Ring than a MINI GP lets say but you dont drive round the Ring everyday. I would say on B and C roads the GP would more than match the Astra with its power disadvantage. I'm pretty sure the MINI came inside the top 5 of the worlds best handling cars, silly as it sounds, not to be sniffed at. The Astra was ermmmmm nowhere lol.

                              I had a Cooper S and the steering and handling is simply better than Corsa's, much more direct with plenty of feedback, the Corsas is simply too overassisted. Having said that at the end of the day I prefer the Corsa for everday driving

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X