This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod Connectivity

I want to connect an ipod to the standard unit (cd30 mp3; 2008 model), not through the headphone jack by the handbrake though.

Basically i want to know if its possible to connect the ipod through a hardwired solution (not radio transmitted) and can control the ipod through the standard headunit controls. And then have the track data displayed on the screen.

I would havent got an ipod, but can you get audio out and control through the bottom port, the 1 that charges the unit??? So would this be the only cable i need, because that way the charge and data out would be sorted through the single lead???

I dont know if this makes any sense, but if you can help it would be much appreciated.
    Whats next?!?!?

I dont think it is possible to control the Ipod through the stereo as the cables allow information to flow only one way, from the Ipod to the stereo - but i may be wrong.

Comment

In a word no. You can connect the ipod through the cd changer output though which will give a better connection. The best bet if your connecting this way though is to have your ipod mounted somewhere you can reach it as you'll need to use it to change playlists etc.
      I see dumb people.......
      .....they're everywhere
      .....they walk around like everyone else
      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

ok so i can connect via another port, you say the cd changer. Do i buy a harness, or is this a homework job???

and does the song info display on the screen or will it just be 'aux in'???
        Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Just looked into it and sorry to disappoint. But it looks as if there is no cd changer output on the CD30. They just upgrade it to the all in one CD40 if you want a cd changer.

Fm transmitter is the only option unfortunately.

Glad I dumped the standard unit now.
          I see dumb people.......
          .....they're everywhere
          .....they walk around like everyone else
          .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

mines connected direct,but no song title and you cant skip tracks via the steering controls. but on the upside i dont have to have cables everywhere. i bought a cheap ipod charger with a aux port on it (belkin from asda) then took it to bits, i then traced the wires (for eg the red and black went to the power source and i found that the coaxial went with a green and a purple so i soldered them in the back of the loom[there are 3 wires seperate from the rest] and as if by magic it now charges and connects direct with out cables.

Comment

i think this could help u

the nav tv vehicledock

visit www.nav.tv

Comment

If you have the CD30 there is no external jack point in the car so the only way to connect you Ipod is either a wireless transmitter or an Ipod connection kit which pulgs into the back of the stereo.

If you have the CD30 mp3 like on all the recent VXR theres a little jack point near the cup holder and hand brake. Buy a cable and one end plugs into the ipod and the other into the jack point. This allows you to play your ipod through the car stereo but you have to select songs etc on the ipod and no song titles are displayed on the dash screen.

I simply brought a nice small piano black FM transmitter which pulgs into my cig lighter. The ipod then sits in that and charges. I still have to change song etc on the ipod but its easy as its sat in a cradle next to the stereo.

Comment

Working...
                X