This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What oil?

What oil have you used when doing an in-between service oil change and after how many miles do you change?
    sigpic

best oil to use in all honesty mate is vauxs own stuff. its opnly about 12 quid for a gallon as well.
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Use the same oil the car was filled with (same grade and type!) Iv only had one oil change so far after running in but plan it to be every 4 or 5 thou!

Comment

Dont vaux recommend Mobil 1 MS 5w30?
        sigpic

Comment

Ok blond moment....

If you are doing a full oil and filter change would it mater say if you went from VX oil to castrol to mobil? can understand if you just topping up?

Comment

Oil is 5/30W fully sinthetic in my car. Its vauxs own stuff. More than likley is made by Mobil. Dont think the car comes standard with synthetic but i had the choice when it got its first oil change and opted to go fully synthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
              Ok blond moment....

If you are doing a full oil and filter change would it mater say if you went from VX oil to castrol to mobil? can understand if you just topping up?
              You can mix brands but not viscosity (spelling)

Comment

i think most oils now are synthetic.
                stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by cwvxr

You can mix brands but not viscosity (spelling)
                  thanks...i kno what you mean have no idea bout spellin either!!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                    Ok blond moment....

Mel

If your doing a full oil change I don’t think it would makes a difference what manufacture’s oil you use as long as it’s the correct grade.

Thorney use Motul 300v when you get a performance service but its expensive. £60 for 6 litres I think. This is the rought I'm going down but for the in-between oil changes I want something a little wallet favourable.
                    sigpic

Comment

I changed my oil a few months ago, put in vaux fully synth (5w-30) the whole lot incl filter only cost me 25 quid. Thats with trade club discount.

See www.astra-vxr.com for trade club membership.

Beware if your changing it yourself, get a decent filter removal tool or else you will end up getting your wishbone covered in oil! :wink:

Comment

Someone who's active in motor sports said, the best oil for a tuned VXR (or every turbo) is Castrol RS 10W60.
                        Your's is tuned as I see...

Comment

you can mix brands and weights, but not massively

you cannot mix between synthetic, semi synthetic and mineral.

synthetics are the best, obviously, but are expensive. Mobil1 has long been regarded as the best. but semi synthetics are pretty much a norm

Comment

for warranty issues if your changing it yourself between services stick to vauxhalls own oil & filter , plus its cheap enuff 2

Comment

i got the vauxhall stuff and changed my own vx wanted £48 i paid £20 trade price from a mate who deals in lorry parts , what a big difference in price
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X