This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend mods

First thing was the cruise control. Bought myself the stalk off eBay for a bargain price of £20. Took my vxr upto a m8 who works @ Vauxhall and he fitted the cruise control free of charge!!

Had cruise control on my mk4 sri turbo so was beginning to miss not having it on the vxr. Well happy to have it fitted and even better that it only cost £20!!

The next mod was some new wing mirrors.

Wanted to do something a little different on my vxr, but nothing too extreme. My m8 at Vauxhall got hold of some nurburgring mirrors at a very good price so thought I'd fit them to my vxr. Took a while for me to get used to them but Im well pleased with the look

May not be everyone's cup of tea......

And the final mod, well not really a mod, was to get my private numberplate on. Got all the paper through from DVLA after transfering from my old car. Now it really feels like my car.

Got it booked in at VXR Performance Centre on Wednesday for Full Remus exhaust, cant wait to get it fitted!!!!

And also an Arden Blue rocker cover to be fitted

Mirrors look awesome Mate you cant go wrong with CF. I would get a CF V Grill also

Comment

Love the door mirrors.How much did you get em for? Am looking to get cruise done also. Do you know how much they would charge to fit it? rough guide?
      Cheers

Comment

Only paid £40 for the wing mirrors, what a bargain!! As regarding the cruise control, like many say on VXRonline all you need to do is fit the stalk and then take it to Vauxhall, say that the cruise control is not working and they will tech 2 it as long as the car is still under warranty.

Comment

£20 wat a bargin.

Comment

Originally posted by crispi chris View Post
            £20 wat a bargin.
            Just wish all upgarde were this cheap

Comment

REALLY??

All you need is the stalk and NOTHING else in order to get cruise control??? So just fit the stalk go to the stealers and they will map it to the car??

Comment

looking good mate
                BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

looks good

i've been thinking about pressed plates, how have you attached the front one on?

just thinking how best to fix it on properly but not end up with a bend in the middle and not looking right
                  STEINMETZ'D 2004 CORSA 'C' Z12XE
                  2008 ASTRA VXR
                  2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STi TYPE UK

Comment

If your putting pressed plates on the front you need to bend the plate. Used velcro on the front and rear, every strong stuff and has done the job nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
                      If your putting pressed plates on the front you need to bend the plate. Used velcro on the front and rear, every strong stuff and has done the job nicely
                      cool, thanks

i'll just have to make sure i get the bend right first time!
                      2008 ASTRA VXR

Comment

I gently heated the back of the plate before I bent it to fit then secured it with sticky pads :-

sigpic
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Looking good m8, i'm just trying to keep out of the coppers way with my plates, anything on the plate apart from the correct font and GB they are pulling you over, someone even got done for having a garage name on it, even more reasons for them to pull you over now
                          sigpic

Comment

i like the slogan cerberus
                            2008 ASTRA VXR

Comment

cheers

I kept the font and spacing legal as I felt that was the biggest thing but havnt had any problem with the rozzers
                              sigpic
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                              X