This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stange issue this morning!

I was driving along gentley warming up cruising at 40 in a 40.. Been on the road for about 5 minutes..

All of a sudden ALL the dash lights came on and the dials went all the way round like the ignition had been cut and come back on?!

But the engine didn't cut out or anything no blip or anything?

What is that all about

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

i have had this i think its some kind of reset its nothing to worry about

Comment

Didnt this happen to a guy on here last year, but he lost brakes aswell (or was it steering?) and crashed (only at low-ish speeds) but there was a big debate about it then!
      Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VX AND View Post
        Didnt this happen to a guy on here last year, but he lost brakes aswell (or was it steering?) and crashed (only at low-ish speeds) but there was a big debate about it then!
        Astra VXR for sale then lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

lol true
          This never happened to me only problem I got is the Idle isnt still its up down up down up down on tick over. after the Stage 3 put on I herd on the CTR its normall
          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Yeh that would be Daz (vxrcourt3) but dont think they ever got to the bottom of what happend tho
            Last edited by rams; 24 November 2008, 06:25 PM.
            sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
            Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
            Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Have a Read ......http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12168
              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

It happened to me the other month as i was coming off the m1 onto the m25, all lights on dash lite up and all needles appeared to spike. It only lasted a second or two then the car has been fine ever since.

Comment

good find rams

I dont know never happened to me but I dont look at dash at all really
                  Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                  Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by njmchugh View Post
                    It happened to me the other month as i was coming off the m1 onto the m25, all lights on dash lite up and all needles appeared to spike. It only lasted a second or two then the car has been fine ever since.
                    I've had exactly the same when booting it of a slip road about 8 months ago. No loss of power or anything. Haven't had it since.

Comment

It makes me wonder because I had an issue when my lights were on the horn didn't work.

They replaced some wiring in my steering column, and updated the software for the dash on wednesday, while I was having the stud bolt recall work done too.

According to that other thread there was 2 software updates to fix this?

Clique #14

Comment

I had it a while ago at around 80mph, all needles went round the clock all lights on and the car reset itself. It has happened to loads of people on here.

Comment

There is an update to the ECU Software to resolve this fault.

Take it into dealership, explain what's happened and that the ECU needs updating via TIS - this should resolve the fault and prevent it coming back

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                            I was driving along gentley warming up cruising at 40 in a 40.. Been on the road for about 5 minutes..

All of a sudden ALL the dash lights came on and the dials went all the way round like the ignition had been cut and come back on?!

But the engine didn't cut out or anything no blip or anything?

What is that all about
                            exactly the same thing happened to my doris yesterday
                            its abit weird coming on here ready to do a search for any info on it and i find a new post showing the same thing happened to u
                            cheers Alex for the heads up on the ECU software .. would this be still a factor with a newish motor as mines a berg running stage 2 software?
                            Last edited by Stim1961; 24 November 2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah but my software was updated Wednesday to fix the Horn.

That wouldn't work with the lights on and was a software issue.

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X