This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fit springs?

Does anyone know how to fit springs on an astra VXR. I hve some sportlines. Is it quite difficult to do?

Originally posted by markhendo81 View Post
    Does anyone know how to fit springs on an astra VXR. I hve some sportlines. Is it quite difficult to do?
    pm vxr dave he will talk you through it
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=33327

Comment

No mate its strieght forward as long as you have the right tools for ths job in hand,but has you have to ask, it may be better to have someone whos done it befor to give you a hand .

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
        No mate its strieght forward as long as you have the right tools for ths job in hand,but has you have to ask, it may be better to have someone whos done it befor to give you a hand .
        Trip to germany dave

Comment

I know a few mechanics in the army just wondering how easy it is to do could do with some instructions specific to the car

Comment

I was going to do a how too at one time but never got round to it its easy for a mec mate thay woulf have no trouble at all if you want a chat pm me and i will give you my no mate.

Comment

Same as most cars really. The rears are really easy. Its one of those things were if you actually know what your doing you can't really mess it up. I reckon with spring clamps, axle stands, trolley jack and the right sockets etc i could easily do it myself on my drive but i'd rather pay my mate who is a mechanic to do it. Far easier on proper ramps etc.

Comment

I always trusted the trusty Haynes Manual! That was probably before internet was invented though! They still do them for new cars?
                Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                sigpic

Comment

So how do you get access to the rear springs, are they under the carpet in the boot, I dont think we have a spring clamp here apparently you can use jubelle clips to clamp the springs, is this right?

Comment

no you cannot you must use spring compressor

Comment

So how do you get access to the rear springs, are they under the carpet in the boot, I dont think we have a spring clamp here apparently you can use jubelle clips to clamp the springs, is this right?
                      I really don't think you should attempt it without a proper mechanic mate if you don't know were the springs are. I'm not being funny or anything and i'm no mechanic myself. Just don't want you to **** it up.

Comment

Probably best for me to get them fitted at a garage I got a quote of 200 euros to fit them about 170 quid that fitting and tracking just seemed a littl expensive.

Comment

Probably best for me to get them fitted at a garage I got a quote of 200 euros to fit them about 170 quid that fitting and tracking just seemed a littl expensive.
                          That is expensive. Although i never had my tracking done when mine were fitted. I know your meant to but it drives fine. I paid £40 to get my springs fitted.

Comment

Why did you buy lowering springs m8? With friends telling you advice like this i'm supprised you didnt listern to the "Just hacksaw the last coil off" trick??? That'll lower it... OR THE, heat it up with a blow lamp and stick some FAT mates in it... That'll lower it to...HA HA HA...
                            Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                            sigpic

Comment

Rears

fronts

Comment

Working...
                              X