This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust cam - lumpy?

heard changing the exhaust cam can make tickover lumpy, what does this mean? lumpy? its still ok but apparently can do this.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Usually means that instead of being constant the revs may fluctuate and go up or down a little when idling - many performance cars do this, nothing to worry about.
    sigpic

Comment

I've had the Regal Inlet cam with the S3 for about 18months now, and it is a bit lumpy when ticking over, and the rev's rise then dip a bit when you stop, but when you get moving its ok!

If you’re thinking of going for the s3 then it would probably be best to get the IC at the same time. As I’m not sure if you will get the benefit of the cam without it?

Comment

i have the inlet cam mate im talking bout the exhaust cam

Comment

Originally posted by jrichrd View Post
          I've had the Regal Inlet cam with the S3 for about 18months now, and it is a bit lumpy when ticking over, and the rev's rise then dip a bit when you stop, but when you get moving its ok!

If you’re thinking of going for the s3 then it would probably be best to get the IC at the same time. As I’m not sure if you will get the benefit of the cam without it?
          pretty nice figures and set up you have in your sig there mate!

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
            i have the inlet cam mate im talking bout the exhaust cam
            Ok, i was just going by your signiture "to come: Regal inlet Cam" you missed the exhaust bit out.

As for the exhaust cam, i dont know if it will make it any more of a lumpy tickover, best off asking regal.

Comment

no worries mate am looking into getting the exhaust cam changed too, how do you find the uprated fuel pump not heard of one changed before but i see regal offer them any differences?

Comment

Working...
              X