X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting

Right sorry I having problems with the Sprayer in my Area

Fog Lights to be done is now 40 pound each thats total 80 pounds ( he said he Had to Rub it allllll down and everything that includes paint and labour and all

Now I wanted my Rocker Cover in White he said It is a hard job due to its where Oil is and Needs it removed then all Cleaned up and Easier to Buy a new one which I dont understand...

And the Tailbook strip we having problems he thinks that it will be as hard as the Fog lamps and Dont wanna start it due to the fact he thinks that it Will Flake off the Paint

Any tips or Ideas thanks
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Find a decent painter

Astra

Comment

It would be easier to buy a new rocker cover TBH.
      I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Lee (leelee) sorted my fog light surrounds and rear strip in gloss black without any issues

Comment

how did he do it

just spray on
          orrr.. Rub down then
          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

His concerns sounds fair enough to me... there is a potential for flaking.

At least he's warning you and not just taking your money?

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
              how did he do it

just spray on
              orrr.. Rub down then
              You always have to rub down to provide a "key" for the fresh paint. Standard stuff....
              Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
              sigpic

Comment

Contact Alex_c he was doing painted rocker covers on an exchange basis and leelee for the other bits

Comment

yes but surely with the rocker cover I can clean it right up and everything t hen rub it down little with no oil on it at all then spray he can then I will need a new Gasket

Comment

A good degrease and prep, and must ensure that you get all parts of the surface otherwise you'll be left with a patchy looking cover - which if you've prepped yourself the painter will no doubt inform you that they accept no liability should that happen, unless they've done the prep.

Comment

Just paint it with a roller and some emulsion. Will look proper w1cKed.
                      I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

have a serouis thread then some joker like ojc comes in....

and thanks alex I might let him prepare it

how long will it take do you think to prepare

Comment

Best ask him mate, I know he normally spends a few hours on each. From what I remember alex_c had a deal where it was around £120 for the cover fully prepped and painted (by a paintshop, with laquer) and all you needed to do was swap them over and send him your old one back - job done.

Comment

had my boot strip done ages ago must have been one of the first was 40 done still looks mint find another painter
                            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

40 all in god

thats rubbed down and all

Comment

Working...
                              X